Beginners and Beyond

I need to confess, I'm a big IDOT! (Read 422 times)

muppy

Think I might have left one small detail out of my training plan! Base building all summer,done. Finish Ryan Hall half marathon plan, done. Get days off work and make hotel reservations for my goal race for the year.Even sent notes to school so kids can get off for a long weekend,done. Sign up for race. Oops, I forgot! I'm such an idot, the race is put on by the DC road runners club and I renewed my membership a month ago, when I signed up for the race they wanted a number that I didn't have available. Long story short I forgot to get number and only remembered yesterday and now race is sold out.
    FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

OH NO!!!!!!!!! Sad

Pinktastic

That really bites!   Sorry!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Oh no! That stinks. Sad

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

noraW

Part-time Ninja

oh no!! Sad  Why is it that we sometimes forget the obvious?

I know your situation is on a much larger scale but:

My child had an ortho appointment, I made the appointment, rescheduled work meetings, sent early dismissal note to school, and FORGOT TO PICK UP CHILD!!  Shocked

Anyway, hope you find a solution after all the planning and training that went into it.

Women are like angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we continue to fly, on a broom, we're flexible like that...

Wandering Wally

Oops.  Maybe you can find a difference race in the same vicinity?

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

CClay

Better than all of you

You're a member of the Illinois Department of Transportation?

Jess runs for bacon

Ruh roh.

Have you tried emailing them? And asking very very nicely if they can squueze in one more?

noraW

Part-time Ninja

Took me a little while but i see what you did....

Women are like angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we continue to fly, on a broom, we're flexible like that...

No man..   It's the Indiana Department of Transportation

Someone may qualify if they misspell the word that they are referring to themselves as, twice. 

BTW, sorry that your plans didn't turn out as planned.  Just hit the 'undo' key on everything that you had planned.

Anomalous

I'm with lilac_jive. Try emailing them. You never know.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

oh no!! Sad  Why is it that we sometimes forget the obvious?

I know your situation is on a much larger scale but:

My child had an ortho appointment, I made the appointment, rescheduled work meetings, sent early dismissal note to school, and FORGOT TO PICK UP CHILD!!  Shocked

Anyway, hope you find a solution after all the planning and training that went into it.

There are easier ways to dump your kid. Paypal me 5 G.W.s and I'll offer up more suggestions..

noraW

Part-time Ninja

There are easier ways to dump your kid. Paypal me 5 G.W.s and I'll offer up more suggestions..

LOL!  Needless to say I won't be in the running for Mom of the Year....Cry

muppy

Email them yesterday, and got reply today, they filled up. I found one if Fredricksburg Va on same day, now just need to see if I can get reservations switched. Goes back to my favorite saying "I've done dumber shit"

LOL!  Needless to say I won't be in the running for Mom of the Year....Cry

Then you'd have to change your screen name to RMOTY or some nonsense.  Not to be confused with RM2B, Boyz2Men....etc.  Just try not forgetting your kid next time and save yourself the trouble.