Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES - Up All Night, Sleep All Day (Read 185 times)

Weezer88

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever’s up first is welcome to start the thread (and we definitely keep some weird hours around here

I AM WEEZER.

Weezer88

Smile 

Meeting up with someone from the running group for a LR today followed by a good breakfast and a video of all the years' accomplishments - yes, we had someone taking pictures throughout the year.  Should be a great time.  There is also an awards ceremony during breakfast.  More to come later.

Have a GREAT Saturday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

hog4life

David, that sounds like the making of a great day, enjoy.

I'm finishing up the last night shift and will be looking for my LR this evening when I get up. DW wants to knock out some more Christmas shopping too, so the afternoon may get squeezed.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning, David & Mitch!  Morning, Dailies!

Heading out to the Chattanooga Nature Center to volunteer at the race today. It's a trail run, so naturally, I picked up a pair of trail running shoes yesterday. I'll be a sentry and will be taking many pictures during the course of the event.

It's an interesting race - they're staggering the starting times based on age group and gender so that the slowest demographic starts first, and the fastest demographic starts last. Should be fairly crowded near the finish line!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning David, Mitch, Tom! Heading out in s little bit with my running group. My office's Christmas party was last night and it was a blast, but I am tired. I'm glad I forced myself out of bed when the alarm went off.
            Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good morning.

David - enjoy the breakfast & awards ceremony.  Sounds like a great start to a weekend.

hog - ugh...Christmas shopping! (I'm not done yet either!)  Hope that doesn't get in the way of your LR.

tom - enjoy volunteering...every trail race volunteer needs a new pair of trail shoes, obviously!

april - good job forcing yourself out of bed! 

I haven't been here in a while.  Got tired of posting about time on the elliptical & not being able to run.  I ran/walked for the first time since the surgery yesterday - a slooooow and easy 2 miles.  It's been 4 weeks.  I was supposed to wait 6 but have felt 110% ever since a week after surgery.  I know my surgeon was giving conservative recommendations.  I'm going to take the next 2 weeks to run super slow, light miles - no speedwork, no hills - and then start to build back up.  

One thing that sent me out the door for a run yesterday was trying to cope with the news of the shooting yesterday.  Some of you know I'm a kindergarten teacher, and we're not too far south of the town in CT where it happened.  There were police cars posted outside of each school in our distract yesterday and we implemented a "rapid dismissal" - which just means that at dismissal we get the kids out and home to their parents as fast as possible.  I spend the afternoon eyeing spots in my classroom where the kids and I could huddle up and hide if we ever needed to.  And of course then I came home and bear hugged my own dd, who looked at me like I was crazy. 

Angela 

delicate flower

'Morning!! SRD but not really. First day of ski season for me and Wife. I predict tired legs and hard sleep tonight.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles coming up.

Angela, I forgot about your surgery.  Hope the recovery is going well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Yuck. Up at 4:00 on a Saturday. Heading out for 15.

@runjerseygirl

Just a quick little 3.1 on the books for today. Wink  I love race day!

Do you even run?

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, everyone.

I'm not sure yet what I'll do today. I had penciled 12 miles in on the schedule, but my legs are tired and my foot/ankle were sore last night. I may declare this cold rainy day an official "cookies, crafts and movies" day and just stay inside having fun with DS. Tonight is dinner and the symphony with DH.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jess runs for bacon

Angela, good to see you back, here's hoping for a quick recovery for you. Yesterday was a very sad day for the world.

I'm just waiting for my headache to clear and then I'm doing ten on the TM (while watching LOTR to prep for the Hobbit today). My IT band has been hurting every morning and I'm really wishing I had gone for a massage earlier this week. It feels better when I keep moving but it starts to hurt when I lie down and keeps me up at night. I've been foam rolling, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Mmmmm...beer

3.15 @ 8:06/mile donated to the streak this morning.  Off to volunteer at the Seashore 50k.

Good luck Kay!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, KayPS!

6 miles done.  100% humidity.  Who turned on the swamp?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shakedown Street

SRD

So, grocery shopping, gas in the cars, clean house/laundry, might sneak in a bike ride if the wind stays sane

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)