Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

onemile

60 minute tempo run done.  10 minute w/u, 4 x 10 minute tempo with 2 minute recoveries, 4 minute c/d.  It was 90 degrees and my legs are not recovered from my race.  7:30 avg pace on the tempo intervals, and today I'll call that a win.  8.15 miles total at 7:42 avg pace.  It would seem we've skipped right over the 70 and 80 degree days, and went right from 60's to 90.  FTS.

In 90 degrees, yes, that's a win.

onemile

I ran 7. It's trying to storm.

Cyberic

DD's soccer practice was near the track, so I did a fartlek workout.

1200 + 2x400 w/400 + 1200 + 2x400 w/400 + 1200.

The distances were actually longer than that as I was running in lanes 3-4, and the rest between sets were all over the place, depending on how I felt. 9.2 miles total.

Cyberic

Checked my log and found this was the longest weekday run in 6 weeks. I guess that's why it felt so long. It would be an adjustment to get back into those 12-15 mile MLRs, once or twice a week.

You'll get it done, NP.

LRB

Just finishing up a 12 hour day at work. It's been forever since I've worked one and if I ever work another it'll be too soon!

Docket_Rocket

Ran my 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Went to a screening of Trails in Motion, and saw this film made by a local runner and Iraq vet:

http://trailrunnermag.com/people/video/2138-true-silence-film-veteran-finds-solace-on-trails

Totally worth catching if TIM is coming to your area.

Zelanie

Just finishing up a 12 hour day at work. It's been forever since I've worked one and if I ever work another it'll be too soon!

I call that "Thursday", although to be fair that is split between two jobs.

D2, congrats!  I see more proof that you were born with alien legs, though!