Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 32 times)

on my way to badass

Good afternoon all!  I got some household stuff accomplished this morning, then got on the treadmill and cranked out 4+ while watching "A Christmas Carol"(the real one with Alistair Sim) then I made myself a super splendiferous sandwich for lunch while finishing up the movie.  It is cold, windy and getting snowy here.  More chores are on my agenda.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

onemile

I was going to try to use the McMillan recovery plan this time around. But I still can only walk down the stairs sideways and there is a spot in my right quad that feels questionable so I guess I'll just rest some more

delicate flower

Thank you Adidas for the 30% off coupon code which I promptly used for the shoes that never go on sale.

<3

LRB

I was going to try to use the McMillan recovery plan this time around. But I still can only walk down the stairs sideways and there is a spot in my right quad that feels questionable so I guess I'll just rest some more

Are you a proponent of massage? The post-race leg fatigue I've felt this week is much different than anytime before. As a result, I am not planning on running this weekend.

onemile

Are you a proponent of massage? The post-race leg fatigue I've felt this week is much different than anytime before. As a result, I am not planning on running this weekend.

I have never gotten a running massage but yeah, usually after three days my legs feel pretty good for walking and that is not the case this time. Definitely worse than a "normal" marathon.  I'm okay to take some time off though. Usually I don't start running until at least a full week to 10 days off. I was just going to experiment this time to see if it helped me recover better.

onemile

Bruno lost his shit when I picked him up at the kennel this morning. He totally mauled me. I have never seen him like that before 

Docket_Rocket

Bruno lost his shit when I picked him up at the kennel this morning. He totally mauled me. I have never seen him like that before 

Awww, poor boy!  He probably thought he was there for good, LOL.

Get a massage this weekend, if you can.  It might help at least with feeling more normal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Dogs are smart as hell. I remember moving once and I had to leave my dog at the house overnight and dude was beside himself. To the point I had to reassure him that I would be back, it was a trip!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Onemile, aw, Bruno missed you.

delicate flower

7 at 7:12 pace.  Much better.

<3

Zelanie

This is for DaveP