Beginners and Beyond

Clingy ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

The Dr seems to think the stress and anxiety that are most likely elevating my BP are probably responsible for the lack of normal energy..  I won't bore you with details, but the last few months we have been dealing with an intense family situation.  Unless the blood results show something, I'll accept his opinion.

Running out of energy after just a few minutes made me a little apprehensive of pushing it, but I'm tired of 3.3 miles.  I'll try harder.

You? Try harder? Don't drive yourself to the ground. I'm not sure running more than your body seems to allow you is a good idea. It's not like you're a slacker. Slackers might have to kick themselves. But you?

Just my opinion, based on nothing solid.

onemile

the last few months we have been dealing with an intense family situation.  

Running out of energy after just a few minutes made me a little apprehensive of pushing it, but I'm tired of 3.3 miles.  I'll try harder.

I hope things get better.

onemile

You? Try harder? Don't drive yourself to the ground. I'm not sure running more than your body seems to allow you is a good idea. It's not like you're a slacker. Slackers might have to kick themselves. But you?

and I agree with this

onemile

8 again for me. My legs felt very tired tonight.

Docket_Rocket

I hope things get better.

This.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yeah, we've seen a lot on the forums, but I'm not sure what to make of it. I've never really been too tired to run, or sluggish, so I cannot relate. Sure, I've had shit runs, but those are mostly due to to leg fatigue or extreme conditions. There have also been times when I was mentally fatigued, but PR's situation is baffling. It could be simply that he never fully recovered from his marathon, and just needs a nice 10 day break from running altogether (that is what I did after my first). In any event, I would definitely err on the side of caution, and maybe not push things until I felt strong and ready to run.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Pleasantridge, hope all works out with your family situation. You may want to ask your doc if there is any chance the fatigue could be heart related. Kinda one of those err on the side of caution things.

workinprogress11

PleasantRidge, I hope you can get to the bottom of your issues. I know how frustrating it can be to not feel "right" and not know why.

4 late night miles again.

Brilliant

So, hubby felt guilty for making me miss Iceland and I am now registered for a marathon near my birthday in Cali.  Woot!

Don't leave us hanging...which marathon?

LRB

Don't leave us hanging...which marathon?

All of them.