Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: 2013 Reasons I Want to Return to Bed (Read 44 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy New year (a bit early, but I'm tuning out quickly)!

I ran a race!!! The first time since the 4 Bridges Half Marathon on October 20, and my first "over 1 mile" run since November 3rd. It was only 2.15 miles, the fun-run distance, instead of the full 4.3 mile race, but as it turns out, that was a good choice.

I've lost a good deal of wind with the layoff from running. I honestly thought about walking about 1/3 of a mile into the run. Wisely, I tapered off my speed significantly and finished the race with a slothful 10:27 overall pace.

Knee feels fine - we'll see how it feels tomorrow AM. With any luck, I'm making my come-back!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Happy New year (a bit early, but I'm tuning out quickly)!

I ran a race!!! The first time since the 4 Bridges Half Marathon on October 20, and my first "over 1 mile" run since November 3rd. It was only 2.15 miles, the fun-run distance, instead of the full 4.3 mile race, but as it turns out, that was a good choice.

I've lost a good deal of wind with the layoff from running. I honestly thought about walking about 1/3 of a mile into the run. Wisely, I tapered off my speed significantly and finished the race with a slothful 10:27 overall pace.

Knee feels fine - we'll see how it feels tomorrow AM. With any luck, I'm making my come-back!

Great news!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.