Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies. Feel feel feel the heat (Read 34 times)

KCRuns

Happy Monday!

I'm seeing a welcome trend - it's cooler here today, too!  YAY!!!  I'll get 3-4 after work with my Monday group, it should be a nice evening for it.

onemile

I ran 8

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's 98 with a dewpoint of 76. Is that worse than Miami?

onemile

It's 98 with a dewpoint of 76. Is that worse than Miami?

nothing is worse than Miami

Docket_Rocket

Bahahaha.

But yes, 98 (feels like)/73 here.  So glad it's raining.  You win!  Now keep it and don't let it get back to me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SRD for me. It’s finally cooled down a bit

Congrats on your race and placings over the weekend - well done!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Nope. Not even 198 F and a 176 dew-dew.

LRB

My right eyeball popped open at 12:30 am and except for about 20 minutes before the alarm rang out (how convenient!), I've been awake ever since. I did manage to purchase a 125 gallon aquarium whilst I was up during the middle of the night, so there is that.

I got in a run, if you want to call it that. It was clammy out but it's way too early to start complaining about the weather so reluctantly, I'll hold off on that...

Docket_Rocket

We have a possible sinkhole a mile away from

the house. The main street broke and there is so mich water they closed five streets all the way to the turnpike. There goes getting to Pilates tomorrow.

my commute was awesome. 🙄

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

My right eyeball popped open at 12:30 am and except for about 20 minutes before the alarm rang out (how convenient!), I've been awake ever since. I did manage to purchase a 125 gallon aquarium whilst I was up during the middle of the night, so there is that.

I got in a run, if you want to call it that. It was clammy out but it's way too early to start complaining about the weather so reluctantly, I'll hold off on that...

I was not expecting the aquarium bit, and spit out my drink!

8 yesterday, which felt fine, except I couldn't sleep all night last night because apparently 8 miles makes me sore now?  WTF legs?  I didn't want to get out this morning, but the dog can't exercise himself, so got in 3.

I'm slowly catching up on the past few weeks of things you people have been up to.  Cy, nice showing at the 50K, and OMG they really make you work at the end there.  "Hey, if y'all aren't tired yet, here's a mountain.  Climb it."  I'm glad you ended up doing it, and I'm glad you are feeling better as well.

Baboon just keeps being fast I see.  Hills, mountains, whatever, fast AF.

Shorti, I saw your 10K win in there too!!!  Congratulations lady, you killed that thing!

SIAR, you had a couple races that I just caught up on, both were quite spectacular.  That 1/2 is another one that had some insane elevation.  I was duly impressed.

And Jay, your interest in Daniels (based on what I know about some shared coaching history between us) makes total sense, and I think you'll like the way his plans are structured.  It's pretty similar to what you're used to, just tweaked a bit.

sdWhiskers

It's a sauna here. Rest day because FTS.

Spent 5 extremely sweaty hours at my favorite central PA amusement park with good friends and have been driving for the past 3 hours en route to CT. Our car smells lovely! Will continue driving to Maine tomorrow.

Docket_Rocket

5 TM miles and no weights.  I can still feel the aura of the migraine a bit so let's play it safe, shall we?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Waited until it cooled off to a way more comfortable 90 temp, 74 dewpoint. 5 miles, felt way worse than yesterday.