Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Marathon RR - The Venom Chronicles - FINISH PHOTO ADDED on page 2 (Read 116 times)

meaghansketch

Sounds like it was a tough race, Doug.  Congratulations on finishing, and especially congratulations on raising so much money for Opportunity Enterprises!  How fantastic that your team raised over $100,000 for them.  Even if it wasn't the race you wanted, you did a great thing for them.  Thanks for the RR, hope you can recover quickly and get back on track!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ooof!

I can empathize that hamstring and quad battle good job battling through it.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Hey great attitude, and good on you for raising money for the cause!

Yah that was some seriously deficient training. Hope your injury problems are behind you. NO FUN RUNNING WITH CRAMPS!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Thank you everyone.

Yep, I will not lie at all and say my training was adequate.  I made it back to finisher death march status at best. 

Marathonfoto photogs were everywhere out there.  I have almost 60 on the site from this year which surprised the hell out of me.

This has to be my favorite finish photo ever as well.

Congratulations on completing another marathon Doug.

LRB

Get recovery done and get ready for #19 which is next month.

Hilarious!

That was a tough road to hoe but you did it.  Way to take one for the team.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Wow, congrats on your charitable earnings.  That's an impressive total.  It's tough knowing you're going into a race under-trained, but it's better than finding out you're under-trained half way through.  But yes, that was some ugly training lol.  I hear ya on the mental math stuff during the race - I'm not sure how others claim to be so good at it.  Hopefully you can get yourself healthy and then get a good shot at a PR sometime soon.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn