Beginners and Beyond

How do you feel when out there running when people you know see you? (Read 164 times)

There's one guy Mike who sees me about a block and a half from my house. He's always jolly. and his remarks always pump me up at the end of my run.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

sirdizzy

I am so bad with names and faces and far sighted I am like they just think I am awesome and I don't know who they are (I guess I totally didn't recognize 2 coworkers during Saturdays Ironman even though I tried to fist bump one on the bike).

delicate flower

I usually don't find out until after the fact.

Person:  I saw you running over by the high school.

Me:  Oh.

<3

Just B.S.

I usually don't find out until after the fact.

Person:  I saw you running over by the high school.

Me:  Oh.

haha

That's me except it usually goes like this.

Person: was that you I saw out running the other day?

Me:         ummm, I don't know who you saw but I do run

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

The rare times this happens to me, I usually respond with, "Yeah, and I'm sure I was a lovely sight to see too"...sarcastically, of course, since I look like shit when I run.

B-Plus

I usually feel like I'm showing too much leg if somebody sees me.

bluerun

Super B****

Usually, if I'm running and they're not, I'm glad that's the case -- because then I can get away from them.  (Can you tell I'm not much of a "people person"?!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

#artbydmcbride

If anyone honks when I am out running, I always give a big smile and a friendly wave.  I figure that's good if it is someone I know, and if it's anyone else being a jerk, then that is even better!  Big grin

Runners run

The best are the rare occasions when my kids drive by.  They get so excited to wave and I feel like I am earning good-role-model points.  Even with other people I feel like it's a good example to be out there and keeping in shape.  Most of the time I'm keeping a decent pace and don't look like death, so no embarrassment there.

I'm slightly self-conscious running past decent townfolk when I'm not wearing a shirt.  I suppose if had more in the pecs and abs deptartment, I might feel different.  I used to put on a shirt to run during the day for that reason, but it's just too hot so too bad.  At least running has gotten rid of the gut.

I had a guy at work say "was that you running last night without a shirt?".

"Yep, that was me" (thinking - "sorry you had to see my bare, scrawny, sweaty torso"

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

I live in a small town where almost everyone knows that I'm a runner.  When people drive by they wave to me and people out walking or running say hello.  I used to feel a little self-conscious on days when I was running slow but after this many years, I figure that most people have seen me run fast too so it doesn't bother me anymore.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

It all depends on how the run is going

Ball of Fury

It all depends on how the run is going

So yesterday, when you felt like a wheenie, it was not a good thing? Big grin

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

GinnyinPA

I am fairly well known in my neighborhood, because we walk the dog twice a day, plus I run.  I think a lot of the neighbors think I'm crazy, but a few probably think, "Good for her."  A few of my neighbors are runners, but I rarely see them when I'm out running, because I usually run in the afternoon.  I definitely feel a bit self-conscious, but also proud, because I am trying, even if I don't look that great.

Rungry!

I usually feel like I'm showing too much leg if somebody sees me.

I'm a carrying some extra weight and I know that I don't look the greatest in tights or shorts. Normally, I have the attitude of "If you don't like it then don't look", but feel self-conscious if I seen someone I know. Blush

Jen

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

So yesterday, when you felt like a wheenie, it was not a good thing? Big grin

Exactly!

And I was spotted, luckily by a complete non-runner so I still 'appeared' badass.  I knew better.