Beginners and Beyond

RA Office Hours (Read 1083 times)

xor

I have it when I log in with firefox.  I do not have when I log in with internet explorer.

Si.  Most browsers have built in spellcheck.  Firefox is funny because two words it considers misspelled are 1) firefox and 2) spellcheck.

TakeAHike

Eric, thanks for helping me import my data from Garmin Connect.  The import worked quite well, but now I'd like to start tagging runs into standard categories, such as easy, long, tempo, etc.  Since most of my runs are easy, it would save time if I could turn all the defaults in to easy and then change the others one by one.  Is there anyway to quickly convert all the "default" runs to easy?

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

eric :)

Done.

Eric, thanks for all of your help thus far.  I have been screwing around with my log and have concluded that my courses have to be imported separately from my w/o's.  What am I missing here?  I've imported my past w/o's from my watch and the Garmin Connect site and still can't see my courses.

On another note, I am guessing that the PR section is still under construction?  Again, I assume, much like the "miles on shoes" in the equipment section, that the PR's are derived from the training log?

Great site by the way.  The additioinal features of the log and your customer support are worth every penny of my $10.

Eric, thanks for all of your help thus far.  I have been screwing around with my log and have concluded that my courses have to be imported separately from my w/o's.  What am I missing here?  I've imported my past w/o's from my watch and the Garmin Connect site and still can't see my courses.

On another note, I am guessing that the PR section is still under construction?  Again, I assume, much like the "miles on shoes" in the equipment section, that the PR's are derived from the training log?

Great site by the way.  The additioinal features of the log and your customer support are worth every penny of my $10.

The data is provided by Garmin via its API.  If they don't include course information with the workout data, then you won't have that info.  It is possible that Garmin handles manually entered data differently from GPS data, in which case, I would need to get into your account to see what Garmin should be sending.  Let me know if you're willing to do that.

The PRs are generated only from races.  If you set the workout type to Race, then it will appear on the PR page.

Thank you and everyone for the contribution!  Every bit is much appreciated.

eric Smile

TakeAHike

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

The data is provided by Garmin via its API.  If they don't include course information with the workout data, then you won't have that info.  It is possible that Garmin handles manually entered data differently from GPS data, in which case, I would need to get into your account to see what Garmin should be sending.  Let me know if you're willing to do that.

The PRs are generated only from races.  If you set the workout type to Race, then it will appear on the PR page.

Thank you and everyone for the contribution!  Every bit is much appreciated.

eric Smile

Eric, I just e-mailed you.  Thanks! 

Anonymous Guest

Eric, thanks for helping me import my data from Garmin Connect.  The import worked quite well, but now I'd like to start tagging runs into standard categories, such as easy, long, tempo, etc.  Since most of my runs are easy, it would save time if I could turn all the defaults in to easy and then change the others one by one.  Is there anyway to quickly convert all the "default" runs to easy?

Okay, am I just slow? I see how to upload from the Garmin itself. I see how to import from Garmin Training Center, but I haven't used that in ages - I didn't know it was still around. I have info in Garmin Connect from three different Garmins, one of which I don't even have anymore. My "real" log is an excel spreadsheet, but I was hoping to import most of my runs from Garmin Connect, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it. What most-likely-incredibly-simple thing am I missing?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

an amazing likeness

I was hoping to import most of my runs from Garmin Connect, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it. What most-likely-incredibly-simple thing am I missing?

What's happening is that the Garmin Connect "migrate" tools are not openly displayed as they are experimental at this time.

Try this.

Go to your RunningAhead training log.

Click on Tools on the left hand menu

In the address bar of your browser, add "/migrate" to the end of URL that is there.

[When you add the /migrate, it will make the url look like https://www.runningahead.com/logs/xxx/tools/migrate ] 

This will get you to the page to migrate in your Garmin Connect data set.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Anonymous Guest

What's happening is that the Garmin Connect "migrate" tools are not openly displayed as they are experimental at this time.

Try this.

Go to your RunningAhead training log.

Click on Tools on the left hand menu

In the address bar of your browser, add "/migrate" to the end of URL that is there.

[When you add the /migrate, it will make the url look like https://www.runningahead.com/logs/xxx/tools/migrate ] 

This will get you to the page to migrate in your Garmin Connect data set.

Thank you! I was really starting to worry about myself. 

And now my Garmin Connect data is being imported...yay!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Misty

Eric, thanks so much for helping us out!  

Do you happen to know if there's any way I can my data from Endomondo here? I vastly prefer the RA log, but I have all my data from January stuck in Endo.

Misty

Bless your heart.

Do you happen to know if there's any way I can my data from Endomondo here? I vastly prefer the RA log, but I have all my data from January stuck in Endo.

Does Endomondo allow you to export your data?  If so, I can create an importer for it.

Misty

From the Googling I'm doing, it looks like the export button disappeared with the upgrade a couple of weeks ago Sad

Misty

Bless your heart.

runfoolery

a lot of these apps leave text files lying around as part of their export process, perhaps you can find out if endomondo does that too? Then you could use those to import into RA, maybe...

xor

From the Googling I'm doing, it looks like the export button disappeared with the upgrade a couple of weeks ago Sad

Oh now that's just cold.