Beginners and Beyond

Whistling Wednesday Penguins (Read 7 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Jim's phone whistles when the battery gets low, which drives Ben crazy. He woke us up early today, anxious to find the whistling creature, wherever it might be.  He growls, barks, and paces until we get up and help him find it, or let him out to go look for it outside.  At least it was daylight this time, but neither of us appreciated the early wake up.

Chilly day today, and windy, but at least the sun is out, so I'll bundle up and do some miles outside.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Ginny!!  Is the whistling supposed to notify him of the battery running down, or is it just a side effect?

I think DH and I haven't quite adjusted to daylight savings time yet.  We were both semi-awake around 4:00, but definitely not ready to start the day.  I'm going to miss that hour and a half of sleep tonight, when I'm up late for quartet practice!!

It's cold here today too, and rainy, so I stuck my pink knitted hat in the car.  When I got to work and pulled it on, parody inspiration struck:

Hello pink hat, my old friend

It's nice to put you on again.

Because the winter softly creeping

Steals the heat that I am keeping,

And the pink hat that then covers all my brain

Keeps me sane

Within the cold of winter.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 11 with 5 @ MP tonight.

Ginny, LOL.  Ben sounds like a cat.  Always waking up and trying to make us open our eyes for whatever reason.

HopesMom, I have not adjusted to DST either.  Waking up several times a night and all, sigh.  Enjoy the cold weather. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page