Beginners and Beyond

Bizarre Ass Weather Saturday (Read 41 times)

Runshortii

I ran 12. It was cold. This extreme change in temps is messing with me

LRB

LRB - Crazy weather right?  Last night I was in shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt.  This morning I was 2 layers on bottom, 3 layers on top, hat and gloves.  Less than 12 hours difference.

Indeed. I find it easier to go from warm to cold than cold to warm, as I tend to want to over dress.

delicate flower

I decided to do the bike workout that I missed Thursday, which was harder than it should have been on the heels of my run this morning.  55 minute sweatfest completed.  NFL time!

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yesterday's forecast said the high today would be 61F. I neglected to note the the high was in the wee hours of the morning, so it was 28 when I ran 8.2 this afternoon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

No more marathons

It's been one helluva ride.

Yes it has.  Not as impressive as some of the real streaks on here - but not too bad for a phat old man who thought he was done with all this shite years ago.

Bluesky, 9 years?! That is impressive. Shorts & a tank sounds heavenly (even the 80* part, which I usually hate).

Well, sorta.  Remember, it's not a real streak - just not missing at least one run every week for the past 9 years.

And it was hot in LA - but I got it done.

bluesky - Sorry if a dumb question, but what was the 9 year journey?  Enjoy the warm weather in LA!

Not dumb at all.  I haven't been on here much since the last migration from RWOL - motivation just about gone.  The "streak" is just that I have now completed 9 full years of having at least one run every week.  My average has been 5.5 runs per week and about 25 miles per week.  I've been doing only the obligatory one run a week though for the past 6 or 7 weeks.  Sort of a runner OCD thing to get to the 9 year mark.

And it's been real folks - glad to have spent the last several years communicating with a really good group of supportive runners.

PhatOldMan - out   #mikedrop

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.5 miles. After the 60 degrees and fog yesterday, woke up to 30 and snow flurries. At least the wind dried up most of the water. One of the weather sites was talking about a flash freeze today, luckily just a few puddles, but they were starting to freeze.

Bluesky, does this mean you are done running?

Saw a Chiro this morning for my ankle. Damaris gave me some really helpful information about the cuboid bone going out of place. I tried one of the youtube manipulation techniques this morning and it hurt like hell in that spot. I called a Chiro I know and he got me right in. He adjusted my ankle and it made the loudest pop I've ever heard. It feels a lot better tonight. It no longer has the "need to pop back in place" feeling, no nerve pain into my toes (chiro said this can happen). Still a little sore so continuing to ice it. Really really hoping this did the trick. I need to run again. Been 7 days of rest now.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

onemile

I ran 5

RunningOnSand

Saw a Chiro this morning for my ankle. Damaris gave me some really helpful information about the cuboid bone going out of place. I tried one of the youtube manipulation techniques this morning and it hurt like hell in that spot. I called a Chiro I know and he got me right in. He adjusted my ankle and it made the loudest pop I've ever heard. It feels a lot better tonight. It no longer has the "need to pop back in place" feeling, no nerve pain into my toes (chiro said this can happen). Still a little sore so continuing to ice it. Really really hoping this did the trick. I need to run again. Been 7 days of rest now.

Great news, J. Hoping that did the trick for you. Speaking of Docket, tell your allergies (allergies? I’m relying on my memory now, which is a scary thing) to get in gear! Rest up! Race well! WCR, wow, those temperature extremes are just that—extreme. Blue sky, I am wondering if you are done with running, too?