Beginners and Beyond

Grumpy Penguin Thursdailies! (Read 16 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I got line-jumped waiting to cross an intersection by an off-duty police officer.  Clearly his time was more important than mine.  Tried to call DH to let him know I made it to work, but the call wouldn't connect.  We're having a tree taken down, but maybe it's today, maybe tomorrow.  Guy won't pick up his phone to let us know.  Websites have so many ads that they're annoyingly slow to load, and they won't scroll so that I can read the second half of a story because they're waiting to load ads.  I forgot my water bottle in my car.

There's my pile of complaints!!  Anybody else?

Of course, my lab has wonderful air conditioning, I have mini bottles of water in my office fridge, I work at a university so the web is pretty darned fast, I didn't have a wreck or anything on the way to work, and the second time I called DH, it connected ok.

Count your blessings, Hope'sMom!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I ran 13 on the TM earlier and went to court.  I'm tired.  Pilates later!

Hope's Mom, ugh.  I hate when they take advantage of their position for that.  Gah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

But in other news, I got a lot of stuff done today that's been sitting on my to-do list for most of the month.  Trying to make it so I can be fairly lazy tomorrow!!

Docket, 13 on the TM would make anyone tired!!  Have fun at Pilates tonight!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

7.5 for us in 72* DP which is kind of high for here.  Had to walk a little more than usual.  DW was melting.

Getting ready for Michigan weekend for DD's big #30 and then off to Portland next week.

PADRunner

I got line-jumped waiting to cross an intersection by an off-duty police officer.  Clearly his time was more important than mine.  Tried to call DH to let him know I made it to work, but the call wouldn't connect.  We're having a tree taken down, but maybe it's today, maybe tomorrow.  Guy won't pick up his phone to let us know.  Websites have so many ads that they're annoyingly slow to load, and they won't scroll so that I can read the second half of a story because they're waiting to load ads.  I forgot my water bottle in my car.

There's my pile of complaints!!  Anybody else?

Of course, my lab has wonderful air conditioning, I have mini bottles of water in my office fridge, I work at a university so the web is pretty darned fast, I didn't have a wreck or anything on the way to work, and the second time I called DH, it connected ok.

Count your blessings, Hope'sMom!! 

AdblockPlus and Firefox fixes that.

2 on the TM this morning and a Back the Blue 5k tonight for the officers who were killed in Dallas. 3000 entries and $100K raised last I heard.

Last update 4500 registered.

There were offices lining the start/finish line giving high fives to all the runners.

GinnyinPA

PAD - sounds like a good event to participate in, even with the heat.

Damaris - good job on the TM run.

HopesMom - I hope your day got better as it went on.

Jerry - that is high humidity. Good job getting the miles in despite the heat. I hope Portland is cooler for you.

We're in Haines, AK, where the high was about 65, I think.  I did an easy 6.3 zig zag this afternoon through the streets of town. My only complaint is that intermittent showers for the past week or so have limited the views of the gorgeous mountains, but not completely.  The Ferry is full for the next three days, so we will have to drive back the way we came instead of taking the shorter route through Skagway , but that means we can do a hike we passed up in the way down and get another chance to see the beautiful Kluane range. This is one route I will enjoy doing twice. The drive we did yesterday, OTOH, you couldn't pay me to do again:  5 road construction projects meant it took two hours to go 50 miles. Usually we only get one or two a day.