Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the run (Read 32 times)

GinnyinPA

My watch (FR 35) allows simple programming, but nothing at all complex, and since I do formal speedwork rarely, I usually have a hard time remembering how to use it correctly. Good thing I am not a serious runner.

As to camping - I love camping, but doing the group thing is different. My husband and I have gone camping for months at a time (both backpacking and car camping) and had a great experience on most of our trips.  We've gone car camping with his kids and grandkids a few times and had fun, but we were able to go hiking on our own when we needed space and time alone.

Today's run was more humid but still cool (78) and not as bad as yesterday's was. I ran 5.6 easy with a few pickups for fun.

LRB

I've been a city boy most of my life and have only gone camping twice; once in an RV and another time in a rented cabin. But I can say with 100% certainty that I will have no trouble making that a regular part of my life some day. I had a blast. And it was really very, very easy.

delicate flower

I had 8 x 5:00 tempo/1:00 easy on the schedule but 5 x 5/1 will have to do (those intervals amount to 1200's).  The wind and dew point got the better of me today. I finished the last 20 minutes of my workout by doing moderate circles around the track.  80 degrees and 75 dew point is bad enough without a steady 20 mph wind to contend with.  Meh.  At least I got my 60 minutes of running in.

<3

onemile

My watch (FR 35) allows simple programming, but nothing at all complex, and since I do formal speedwork rarely, I usually have a hard time remembering how to use it correctly. Good thing I am not a serious runner.

As to camping - I love camping, but doing the group thing is different. My husband and I have gone camping for months at a time (both backpacking and car camping) and had a great experience on most of our trips.  We've gone car camping with his kids and grandkids a few times and had fun, but we were able to go hiking on our own when we needed space and time alone.

Today's run was more humid but still cool (78) and not as bad as yesterday's was. I ran 5.6 easy with a few pickups for fun.

Okay, I wouldn't like camping with a group of people either.  Camping is for being away from people as much as possible.

delicate flower

It has nothing to do with having to push the button 

I was kidding about pressing the button being hard.

<3

Docket_Rocket

5 done. First run on my new BP meds.  Bleh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 15 x 1 minute hard. They wound up being a bit faster than I expected, lots of corners and people on the sidewalks. It looked like it was going to rain at any second, so I stayed within a mile or so of home.