Beginners and Beyond

Tried but true Sunday Penguins (Read 324 times)

hog4life

Kristi, woot woot! You will love it. Kristin, sign up, you'll be ready to start the plan in Feb. Did I tell you guys I e signed up for two halves? Feb and April. I would like to do as many races as Damaris, maybe one day when I grow up, hehe.
    Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Wow, a lot of serious mileage being run today!

As for me a rest day with yard work done as cross training - raking/ blowing leaves, pulling out dead plants, cutting the grass, etc.

Had supper tonight at That's Amore in Bethlehem. For dessert I had Darkside of the Moon which is now Inside of my Belly!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Dad on the run.

Found my next race in January. Krispy Kreme dash. Run 2 miles out, eat a dozen doughnuts then run 2 miles back Within an hour.  How fun!!!  

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hog that's great!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Well, I am slow so I guess I belong here Big grin My best half marathon time was 2:25, I think.  I'm working at getting back into distances after slacking off for most of the summer.  I've put on weight and so I'm heavier than my running body likes and it makes me even slower!  But I am working on that and getting back at it.  I haven't run more than 2 miles in about a month but When I tried to do longer than that, I ended up with shin splints so I'm taking it easy until I get my new shoes this week.  Then I'm looking to start building again.  I've been part of RWOL for about three years but this is my first Penguin post Smile

Zelanie

Welcome Misty and I hope you love your new shoes!
              kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Welcome Misty!!!

Jblack....WAIT you are going to eat TWELVE donuts in the middle of a run?!?! That sounds like a recipe for a lot of puking for many, many runners!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

I know! Isn't it great! I'm always up for a stupid challenge that I know is a bad idea lol. Really I just want to see if I can do it without vomit inducing stomach aches.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

I know! Isn't it great! I'm always up for a stupid challenge that I know is a bad idea lol. Really I just want to see if I can do it without vomit inducing stomach aches.

Jimmy, haha, one of my Margaritaville team mates did one of them earlier in the year, he said it was fun. I would just caution anything risky so close to our half.

I know it's late for most of you but I wanted to pop in anyway.  Ran 3 very slow miles today.  My longest run in probably 3 or 4 months.  Starting over with my running so my miles are going to be low and extra slow for a while.  At least I'm getting back out there.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I may be slow but I never quit.

Mmmmm...beer

Hello my fellow waddlers!

Back from the inlaws, I have Internet again, woohoo!

10.66 very chilly miles this morning, love running in the country, even if it is freezing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying the new forum. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awesome Kristi!!

How long have you been running for? I've been tossing around the idea in my head of doing my first half in May. It's not scheduled yet, but there's always a half by me in mid May and the course starts with 2 loops in my favorite park. It's the same park I first started running in, it's the park I returned to to do my first 5 mile run today, and I think it may be a cool first half for me, but I'm afraid that I just don't have the kind of experience to train for a half yet. I decided I would spend January building base and getting my weekly milage up, and then decide (because a training plan would need to start in February).

Only 3 months but this half gives me 5 months to work up to it! Obviously it will be a "just finish" half, but now I have a goal date!! And everyone says with enough time to slowly add the mileage, you may end up walking part of the course but you can definitely finish!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!