Beginners and Beyond

Sushi Picnic Panic Penguin Weekend (Read 13 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

International Sushi Day!

International Picnic Day!

International Panic Day!

PADRunner

3 Miles & gym this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Lots of sushi at DSIL's graduation yesterday.  Opted for the roast beef sandwich.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I mean, afternoon, doh.  I have 6 miles tonight.  I am allergic to shellfish and most raw fish make me allergic, so no sushi for me (although I have eaten vegetarian sushi, yum).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Late 4.0m, 59* DP run for us.  Luckily we could stay in the shade.  Finally got the new car so we can do some more destination HM's.

Docket_Rocket

Late 4.0m, 59* DP run for us.  Luckily we could stay in the shade.  Finally got the new car so we can do some more destination HM's.

I don't think I have seen 59 DP in almost two years.  Sigh.  Hoping cool weather for next month's HM in Chicago, you hear me?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I don't think I have seen 59 DP in almost two years.  Sigh.  Hoping cool weather for next month's HM in Chicago, you hear me?

Come run up here! Temps in the 80s but DP in the 50s lately. I'll take it.

4.6 this morning with my club, long run in the morning. The kid has a friend sleeping over and the little so and sos finally just went to sleep, maybe.

Nope, I heard a cough. WTF GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP. Also don't get each other sick because I cannot handle being sick right now, thanks. Why did I agree to this??

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No worries.  Our hottest day will be cooler than your coolest day.

Brilliant

Too hot for a picnic here this weekend.  Record-breaking heat today. 

Jerry, congrats on the new car!

4.4 done with my club this morning.  Then when I got home I made Father's Day breakfast for hubby to show my appreciation for him being a great dad to our kids for the last 23 years. Smile  It was my first run in a week.  I had debilitating pain for a couple of days this week; Dr Google tells me it's piriformis syndrome but I have an appointment with a real doctor on Wednesday.  Anyway I felt fine on the run; I'm in more pain sitting here and writing this!  Sitting is the worst.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 on Saturday

2 on Sunday

Happy Father's Day for those it fits.

NO sushi for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.