Beginners and Beyond

It's Back To Work WEDNESDAILIES & I have Just One Question? (Read 332 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!       

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up and stay awhile (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Weezer88

Same here LRB - I've got today and tomorrow and then another 5 day weekend.  Why do they go so fast?

Taking an USRD as it's cold, wet, windy and rainy outside and I am not a glutton for punishment.

Have a GREAT Friday everyone!

I AM WEEZER.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Yesterday I did a lot of jaw exercises - eating, talking, laughing!  Hopefully I will get to the gym after work for my regular routine.

My wife made two dishes that were complete successes - eggplant parmigan and candy cane cheese cake.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, LRB, David, & Gustav!

470 miles or so on tap today, driving of course. Heading back home after a great Christmas with the family. I'll be passing through a strong band of rain, but after that, it should be smooth sailing.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good morning early Wednesdalies!

Back to work for me and little more family time tonight with my daughter and her hubby that had to work yesterday. Hope to skip out of work for a trip to the gym for some weights and maybe treadmill run.

Have a great day!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

flarunner

Mornin' Dailies!

Hope everyone had a fabulous day yesterday!

Did my 10 mile midweek long run this morning. Pretty uneventful, except for that loose Doberman who barked at me then ran away when I barked at it. So I ended up chasing a dog for a few houses this morning!

Have a great Boxing Day all!

Docket_Rocket

Morning, everybody!  5 miles later tonight.  Some weights if my banged up shoulder allows it.

LRB, where's the coffee?

David, do you even know what a URD is?  Enjoy the impromptu rest day.

Gustav, a good eggplant parm is to die for.

Tom, for a moment you had me worried.  Drive safe.

Sparker, morning!   Enjoy the office; I'm going to try to do the same.

flarunner, nice 10, dog and all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

Was going to do 5 today to test out my new gift, but I woke up with a sore throat.  At least that's my excuse.

But really, my daughter doesn't ever let me leave the house without a screaming tantrum, and I was told that someone wasn't going to deal with it this morning, as he has to get ready for work.  So I was all dressed, lacing up my shoes, and the crying started.  So now I'm back in my jammies.

Do you even run?

delicate flower

And a happy post-Christmas morning to all of you!  Indeed, back to work after that one day holiday break.  While I did not run yesterday, I did place a nice order with runningwarehouse and I registered for three races.  Looks like today will be a treadmill day thanks to a whole lot of suck in the weather forecast.

Alrighty then.

<3

Jeepofspades

Morning! Santa brought me some pink lunarglides! Ok they're red.... In the right light lol hoping to try them out tonight definatley notice the extra cushion and weight.

Jess runs for bacon

URD for me today, knee still hurts. Calling my massage therapist today. I hope this doesn't derail my marathon training. Blegh.

On the plus side, I didn't really gain much weight over the weekend/holiday. I'm not sure how that happened, considering how much I ate and drank.

runmomto3boys

David: Yuck!  What weather!  Enjoy your day off.

LRB: I can see it, I can see it.

Gustav: "Jaw exercises!"  Hahaha!  That is awesome.  The candy cane cheese cake sounds AMAZING, though.

Tom: I hope the driving goes well today - that is a lot of miles!

Sparker: Enjoy that TM run!

Flarunner: Nice work getting the 10 in already - woot!

Docket: I hope the run goes well today.

Kay: I'm sorry about the situation w/your daughter/hub this AM.  Booo.

Lilac: You and I are in the same boat w/the knee junk.  It stinks.  Boo, hiss.

I am calling the PT and begging for an appointment this AM. I am hoping I am able to get an appointment sometime this week. I have been having an issue with my knee and it is getting worse, not better. I ran 6 of a planned MLR yesterday when the pain came out of nowhere and I could barely walk, much less run.  I might be scrapping Carmel and running Green Bay instead b/c I have 2.5 weeks before I have to start training for Green Bay - hopefully enough time to get better. My first two weeks spent training for Carmel?  It's been a hot mess.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning, people! Winter weather advisory means that I won't be able to wear EITHER of my new outfits (a SkirtSports Tough Girl skirt, or my NEW HOT PINK TIGHTS) today. Wahhh. I have to go to the gym at lunch for 3 miles on the ole 'mill.

Question for you vegetarians in here. I didn't want to make a whole thread about this, because I know LRB and Damaris are veggies and so are a couple others. I've been slowly transitioning to vegetarianism over the past 9 months or so, and I watched a documentary on Christmas Eve that sealed the deal for me. I can't eat meat anymore. I haven't told my husband yet (potluck dinners over the holidays make it easy to not eat meat) because he is a strict meat & potatoes guy, and he acts like vegetarianism is some weird religion or something. Do your spouses eat meat? If so, how do you plan meals, etc? It's weird how, I don't know, offended he gets if I say I don't want to eat meat at dinner, even though it has nothing to do with him personally.

The good news is, I've been eating vegetarian lunches and dinners during the week since I started transitioning, so dinner is the only "trouble" meal for me.

Just B.S.

Morning Dailies! Hope everyone had a great holiday!  We had 17 for sit down Christmas dinner at

our house.....crazy and busy and fun!!! I think this is my first computer time in 2 days.

Today is not Boxing Day it's my Birthday!!! 51 years young and still getting faster!  If the running as

a 51 yr old turns out as good as 50 it will be fabulous!LOL  Had more gifts to open today including

gold hoops from hubby. He is a keeper for sure.

We are heading out in a few minute for 6 or 7 miles. It's 3F here today with wind. Going to bundle up

big time!

Then we are off to see the Hobbit with our boys and dinner for my B'day.

Have a good one folks!