Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins get ready to shiver (Read 19 times)

SheCan

Hey guys, thanks for all the encouraging words the other day when I was feeling down.  The last few days have been much much better.  Got miles in Tuesday, but only 1-1/2 yesterday as my daughter kicked my azz at the gym instead.  Today managed to get 8 slow miles.   Weather here is warm, but I'll be thinking of you all with the freezing temperatures this weekend.  Sad  Yuck, I don't envy y'all with the cold.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The ymca looked good so I joined. The pool seemed like it wasn't too crowded. There are also a few convenient spin classes and perhaps other group fitness classes there. Now for at least a little run.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Wandering Wally

Planning 5 miles tonight. Temps will be in the single digits with below zero windchill. The first 15 minutes hurt but after that I warm up and don't feel the cold. Or maybe I just go numb. Its's hard to tell  I'll be channeling my inner penguin for sure.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

No shivering in San Antonio.  71 degrees yesterday, 73 degrees today.

Nice run/walk last night on the Riverwalk, followed by my birthday celebration with some of my fellow military veterans.  I am glad I took off work today so I could sleep in a bit...the beer was flowing pretty well last night.  Finally got out to Fort Sam today around noon-time and did 3.6 miles on a hilly route.  That sweated a lot of the beer out, lol; felt much better after that.

Got a nice long weekend as I am off tomorrow too and next Monday and Tuesday.  Sunday is mine and Gail's 31st anniversary and Monday is her birthday.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Singer who runs a smidge

Happy belated birthday, Scotty!!  You're what, 47 now? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens!  It looks like I'm escaping the cold by going to Iceland :-) That's a bit ironic.  I'm heading out for a tour of the YMCA and I'll join today if it seems reasonable.  After the Y tour I'm running and showering and heading to my flight.  DH has TSA precheck/global entry but I don't so I slow him down.

I belong to our local area Y.  It is $57 a month for a 'city-wide' membership here...which means I can use all 10 of the Y's in our area.  It's pretty nice actually as I can use those various Y's as a 'base' for various local races and take a shower before I go home; and also run during the week on lots of different running routes.  Plus I use their various types of weight training equipment, doing one Y one time, another Y another time, etc.   And 4 of the local Y's have indoor pools, so I can use those too if I want to.  There are also several racket ball courts, basketball, various classes (pilates, strength training, spin, etc)...all for that $57 a month as there is no charge for any classes I want to do, it's all included in the membership.   And if I go out of town, my membership has 'visitor access" so I can go to any Y in any city, for a visitor fee of $5 for 7 days.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

I belong to our local area Y.  It is $57 a month for a 'city-wide' membership here...which means I can use all 10 of the Y's in our area. 

That's a good deal.  It's $68/month at our local Y, with no privileges at any other facility.  DH and I belong to LA Fitness for a total of $58/month, and we can use any LA Fitness in the area.