Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES! (Read 36 times)

Zelanie

SRD #3 Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Down to Fort Sam Houston this morning at 5:a m. and did 4 miles of hills.  Felt pretty good the whole way.  Lots of soldiers out doing individual runs and formation runs, so I had lots of company.   It can be very motivating running behind or alongside our Armed Forces people while they are running in formation and doing their cadence calls - what used to be known as 'jody calls' when I was in the military.  They can be pretty darn quick too, compared to a slow old dog like me, lol.  The couple of times I encountered them I got in a bit of speedwork trying to keep up with them.

I did not get up early enough to see the eclipse and even if I had would not have done any good...very cloudy around here lately!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Back from Court.

that is all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2.  Tape started to loosen on the calf and it started to ache.  Meh, it will be fine.  Stupid imbalances.

Marjorie

LRB

I'm heading in, drinks are on me.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Here are some pics from the 1st Annual Blood Moon Run 5k that was Saturday night, I later found out that my friend ran the half under a different name and apparently used a run/walk strategy as she finished 1 hour and 5 minutes behind me which would explain why she had a bit more pep in her later that night, also makes me feel tons better about her beating me by 2 seconds... means I still had some fuel in the tank 

This was at the finish, she's in front and I am right behind her. She said she could feeling me coming up, had it been just a little further I would have passed her.

Me somewhere along the course....

Me - number 11 freezing and waiting for the start

As you can tell, I did this backwards  Apparently a lot of people were impressed that I had ran the half marathon as well as I did that morning and was out here to run this 5k and did so well.... I really truly meant to take it easy damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Why is your forehead shining?  A reflector?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Why is your forehead shining?  A reflector?

Lol, headlamp. Other than the flashes from that camera, about 80% of the course/trail was dark/pitch black so having headlamps, flashlights and what not helped runners. I think having the light also helped my confidence to hold a strong pace, I could see everything on the ground on this new course I had never ran on.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

happylily

I decided to run after all since my knee felt better at the end of the day. I did 10 at 8:06 pace, with a short tempo at close to HMP. The knee held up, so that was good. Now time to get washed and prepare supper. It was a long day at work.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

outoftheblue

11.3 easy miles on the TM this p.m.  Was supposed to be 14, but I ran out of time.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This is probably my favorite pic from Saturday's Half Marathon

PRs

Docket_Rocket

I did 6 but 4 with hubby, 2 at MP.  First mile felt too hard, second mile was too slow.  Going from 15mm to 10:ishmm was hard.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hill repeats with the Y group tonight.  It definitely feels like fall.

Picked up some ghost pepper salsa (Mrs. Renfro's)  for chips and burritos tonight.  It's at that hard-to-find perfect level of serious heat without becoming an exercise in masochism.  Yum.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone! 14 miles today. Can't wait to get home, one more and a wakeup, woohoo! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!