Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Stop for Lights! (Read 15 times)

From the Internet.

This is so wrong!!  The squirt gun would come out if this happened at my house!

Oh I was super annoyed. Had I realized I wasn't going to get my second workout in at work today, I'd have just gone right out the door and back to the pool.

GinnyinPA

PAD - sounds like your legs need the rest.  Your double days must be pretty grueling sometimes.

sapf - I hope you enjoyed your group run. I would definitely need a snack, but then, I'm always hungry.  At the least, some juice or Gatorade.

Lauren - sorry your workout got cut short for no good reason.

D - have fun with the tempo run.

Z - is this the group workout?  Have fun.

HM - have fun at rehearsal.

Scotty - I'm sure you'll have fun with your military friends.  You definitely have a full schedule for the next month.  How does this compare with last year?

Jerry - that's one of my fears on long runs, running out of water. I just use a fanny pack that holds either a 20 oz or 32 oz bottle. It looks funny, but it works for me.  I've come in empty a time or too, but never run out completely.

I took a page out of Scotty's book and ran hills today.  Not quite repeats, since the hill I had planned to do repeats on had people sitting out on the porch, but six good hills over a six mile course that I ran up hard then walked or jogged afterwards to recover.  It was hot but not humid and with a good breeze, so it didn't feel that bad.  I wore the HRM, which was interesting.  I got up to 179 on the last three hills and even walking to recover I only got back down to about 160'.  The only time I was in zone 3 was the first mile, when I was still at recovery paces.