Beginners and Beyond

15 Miles of Misery. An overly long CDR report. (Read 120 times)

god hates us all

Just wanted to pop in here to say congrats to LTH on a great race.

I jogged this one and the mugginess was definitely an issue.  We were blessed with cloudy skies at least.

3 days later and it's nice 55F morning temps.  One of these years the stars will align and the CDR will get good weather.

Philliefan33

The steepest climb on the course comes as you make a left turn from Oakwood Road onto Bridge Road.  It is very steep.  As I round the turn, the police have a car stopped waiting for a break in the runners before they let it go.  Some 300+ pound man is complaining, "they're on the left, they're on the right, they're all over the road."  I was suffering badly at that point but that really pissed me off.  I yelled, "why don't you get off your ass, start training, and join us next year?"  I have no idea if he understood what I said but a couple of runners chuckled.  I admit it wasn't one of my finer moments.

I would've been thinking the same thing, and probably would have said it out loud.  Not surprising that you lost your "filter" somewhere on that hill.

Love the Half

Lenny, you need to join us over at the railroad tracks for post race refreshments next year.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

god hates us all

Lenny, you need to join us over at the railroad tracks for post race refreshments next year.

I like post race refreshments but it seems like there is always some obligation to run off to.  The downside of a local race I guess.  Maybe next year I can run faster and bank the time for socializing.

TakeAHike

Very nice race LtH.  Based on the title, I was expecting something less successful.  I should have known that agony means you pushed hard and did well.  Your splits were strong and fairly consistent despite the hilly course and wind.  Initially, I had a hard time reconciling your report to the splits.  I guess the steep hill that caused you to walk led to the 8:22 pace.  That's not a lot of walking though.  What you described as fartleks towards the end was also pretty damn fast.  Overall, this was a very strong effort.  I agree that this bodes well for your fall marathon.  I look forward to reading about that too.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20