Beginners and Beyond

What happens when Lily runs the medio maraton de Cancun... (sort of an RR) (Read 90 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The finish line picture says it all. I love your attitude and wish sometimes that I didn't take my racing so seriously.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

workinprogress11

If I had drunk 3 margaritas and a mojito in an hour, I wouldn't have been able to stagger to the start, let alone actually run! You make this running thing look so fun, so sexy and so easy!

This +1000.  I used to be able to drink.  A lot. Not anymore.

I love that you know how to have a good time, that you know how to run so well, and that you know how to look amazing doing it!

Hip Redux

Drunk Lily - still faster than me.

hog4life

Amazing RR and photos Lily, thank you.

happylily

Shari, yours and George's comments in my RR are like Christmas gifts to me. Thank you so much.

Julie, you wonder where the 10 pounds are hiding? Let me tell you this: running skirts are to me what the muumuu is to Homer Simpson.

Amy, I've always thought of margaritas as Mexican lemonade. But now, I've gained a new respect for them. :-) Thank you!

George, I first learned about our sport competitive aspect from you, 7 years ago, when I joined RW. It is the one side of running that I love and value the most. But like the song says: "To everything there is a season..." There is sadness for me that comes with letting go of goals and dreams. I think it's a wonderful thing that you are still serious about your running.

Mitch, thank you so much!

Oski, thank you as well. I'm glad to see you around more often.

Mike, thank you. You would love the Riviera Maya now. Things have changed a lot since the 90s.

Jay, haha! No super-heroine, no. Just a clown, nothing but a stumbling clown.  Thank you. :-)

OOTB, you would make that running top honor with your tall runner's build. :-) Thank you!

Randy, ... I know what you mean about having mixed feelings regarding Mexico. But there is so many good people there, so much potential. My view is that we cannot abandon those poor people to the violence and the corruption. If we stop visiting, jobs will be lost and drugs will move in in the Yucatan. It would be terrible for the Mayans.

Traci, thank you, chica! :-)

Damaris, thank you. :-) I do hope that I can run more marathons in the future, because, as it appears, I'm not very good at the half distance.

Jack, thank you my friend. The trip did me a lot of good, yes.

Dave, I too wondered how so many runners could wear so much clothing in that hot weather. But for them, it is winter. Ask Damaris, she will tell you that 80F is great running weather, it's nothing compared to their summer weather. In fact, in general, Mexicans do not go in the water this time of the year because they find it too cold. :-)

Ginny, I find out about the absence of baby Jesus only after I did some research on the internet about it. It seems to be a very regional custom. Up here in Canada, Jesus is always present in the crèche, even before Christmas day. It seems to differ in various parts of the USA. And in Mexico and South America, he only appears on Christmas day. I love finding out stuff like that. Thanks!

Pad, thanks a lot for taking the time to read!

Eric, knowing you, racing drunk is not something that you would consider "fun". Heck, I didn't find it all that fun myself.  Thanks!

LRB, thank you. :-) I miss the camaraderie of the dailies. I will try to join in from time to time. I promise.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My RRs are long and this one is no exception  Well, a little more Lily is not a bad thing, you know. 

Wow, even when running drunk you are still about twice as fast as me, lol.  Congrats on your half!

Very entertaining report and great photos!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

I love reading your race and travel reports! Smile Thanks for sharing! The salon/furniture store made me giggle. I have to say, I felt a little ill thinking about heading to the start line of any race, but especially a longer race, after 4 drinks in an hour. Oof. I would have been crawling to the finish, haha.

Sorry to hear about the possible diagnosis, that is scary.

bluerun

Super B****

Running in Cancun was tough... and I wasn't drunk.  So that looks like a pretty good time to me! 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Now i feel sad that I didn't delay my Cancun BDay trip a month to run the race.  But they probably wouldn't let me run at my age anyway.  Enjoyed the RR (and trip report), Lily.