Beginners and Beyond

Gettysburg North South Marathon - a long RR (Read 80 times)

Cyberic

Ginny, this really impresses me. You paced yourself better than the pacer was, you managed a good finish after a couple of harder miles. I liked the "at least look like a runner" part. You're obviously a proud person. Congratulations!

hog4life

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Congrats on your first.

on my way to badass

Wow!  Great job Ginny.  I don't went to repeat everything that everyone else said.  I an in awe.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

delicate flower

This sounds like a really cool race.  I want to see the mini cannon!!

Great job on the race, Ginny!  Congrats on notching your first marathon!  Second in your age group in your debut is pretty damn sweet.

<3

dallison

registered pw

I know it has been a year since you had reported this, but it's nice to get a rr on races. I am planning on running it on Sunday. From the looks of it, the first half, as reported, is decently hilly with he 2nd half slightly better. The temp should be the same as your race last year, so that should be ideal.

Congrats on your AG award, they are nice when unexpected. hopefully the last year has been good to you with training.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

GinnyinPA

Have fun on Sunday.  I was hoping to be able to run this again, but I've had a really hard time recovering from my marathon in February.  Maybe next year.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've driven over a lot of the course when I went out several years ago to cheer proofreader et al who were running it as a relay team. That's a challenging course for a first marathon. Congrats on a solid race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You rock star, Ginny! Did you sign up for another one? Congrats on a great time and I'm glad yo actually had fun. 😀

GinnyinPA

Jack - this is an old thread, resurrected by someone who is running it this weekend.  I wish I were up to running it again this year.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Jack - this is an old thread, resurrected by someone who is running it this weekend.  I wish I were up to running it again this year.

I missed this last year, so I'm glad some did resurrect it so I could finally comment.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Dang, I read the whole thing and didn't read the comments. I thought that sounded familiar! 😀

LRB

Something similar happened to me on another forum once. Even after I posted that it was an old thread, new posts kept coming in. Finally I just said screw it, it was hilarious!

Congrats by the way.  

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your marathon, Ginny, and the 2nd place - and way to overcome the quads.  I can relate a bit - I much prefer uphill to downhill - downhills are much tougher on my arthritic back, so I have to be more careful with downhills than uphills.

Glad you and your North won again!   You go!  Now get some well deserved rest.

Oh, wait...2015...well, I hope you are rested from that marathon by now! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt