Beginners and Beyond

Hey Friday Penguins - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing! (Read 34 times)

Sloooow.

Hey all, checking in.

Going to give a short 1 mile run a go today. Sat here with all my gear on, just need to get it done. After surgery, I realised the side of my right thigh was completely numb. Seen as though surgery was on my left ear/side of my head, I couldn't riddle it out. Until yesterday, when I jabbed at the bruise from the shot of Demerol I had in my thigh after the surgery and felt nerve twangs spider out over my thigh, lol. As annoying as it is, I don't think it will effect running.

I am also REALLY pouting. There is a 5K in a cemetery in New Orleans on April 15th. I really want to go, but it's a 160 mile drive. Other half isn't biting when I throw it out there.

Docket_Rocket

Wow.  I wouldn't drive more than 30 minutes for a 5K, haha.  Why not enthused the other half with a weekend in that area rather than drive 160 miles?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

There really aren't many options around here for races, but New Orleans tends to have a lot. I would try to turn it into a weekend, but we're planning on going to Nola for a few days at the end of April. Bubba Gump 5K and we need to pick up a gas lantern for the fence he's building. It is my birthday April 21st, but I don't think I could drag it out to two trips, lol.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hi Penguin friends!!!

Quick check in.... Enjoying the vacay in Williamsburg with the bf.  Toured a winery and a brewery, had a spa day today while he golfed, did some stuff in Colonial Williamsburg. On tap this weekend: Busch Gardens, Jamestown and Yorktown. Got a run in today around the grounds of the Kingsmill resort. 3 miles, a lovely 52 degrees, nice and easy 11:26 pace.

Have a great Friday! And Good Friday for those who celebrate!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Sloooow.

Kristin- Sounds like a lovely run! Enjoy the vacation Smile

1 mile done in 11:00. Could definitely feel the nerve funkiness in my thigh, my exercise allergy has come back, heart was pounding a bit, but my ear didn't fall off. Lol.

Docket_Rocket

Coralie, keep it up but listen to your body!  How's recovery going?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Howdy folks!  Checking in from Palm Springs!  Having a good time here enjoying some pre-wedding festivities.  We have a bit of downtime now before the rehearsal dinner.  I have been browsing some, but can't post from my phone these days for some reason.

Anyway, had a lovely 5 miler this morning.  I'm used to running in 40-some degree weather, but this morning it was about 70 already and sunny.  Still, the weather was absolutely gorgeous, there was a bit of a breeze, and some fantastic views.  Very nice to run in!

Jerry- I've been thinking about your comment on dailymile and hope you aren't really feeling like you'd be embarrassed to post your RR.  I think you and your DW have had a great training cycle! Some of the conditions you have had to face this winter have been pretty tough, and you just keep right on going!  I think you also had a good point early on that your training plan has helped both of you stay healthy and avoid injury.  And that's so important.  My plan was much more aggressive.  I'm happy I did it, but your way was probably the better choice, really.

I am hoping to read all about your race next week, and I hope that both of you have a great race!  I will be rooting for you!

Hope everyone is well!  Good luck tomorrow Mitch, Jimmy, and Scotty!

Sloooow.

Coralie, keep it up but listen to your body!  How's recovery going?

It's not too bad actually. My head is still pretty swollen, but the actual incision behind my ear seems OK. I was pretty bummed at first that I didn't get the prosthesis, but the surgeon said she was 99% sure she got all the tumour regrowth out. Last time, surgeon said he wasn't sure he got it all, lol. I'm planning on getting pregnant in the next 6 months, so likely I will keep the deaf ear for a while. I'm OK with that.

How is Trixie doing? I've been trying to keep up with her progress, but I miss days here and there.

Docket_Rocket

Awww, hope recovery goes well and fast, Coralie.  Trixie is doing better. S he has slept with me the last two nights and I hear her eating at night.  She still has not run or come downstairs which is unusual for her, but I guess she needs time to heal.

Have fun, Zel.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Headband will be there. Haa. I will respond to bun too. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

The doctor's appt was good, he mostly wanted to check for a hernia at the incision site. All is good, so I don't go back to see him for a year, after that, should be totally released unless something else comes up and I don't need another surgery. But if I do, I will want him to do it, cuddos to this surgeon.

I talked with Jimmy on the phone tonight on the way into work. I really hope I can make it there on time. It will take me about 70 minutes to get there once I leave the house. Can't wait to see him.