Beginners and Beyond

Freezer FriDAILIES (Read 46 times)

onemile

And kind of on that note, would trying to get into Chicago be crazy? I don't have a guaranteed entry but was thinking of entering into the lottery.

I don't think it's that hard to get into Chicago via the lottery. But it tends to be warm.  I like the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - fast course, in Nov so a good chance of cool weather and it pushes a lot of training out of the hottest months.  That might be kind of far for you though.

I don't think it's that hard to get into Chicago via the lottery. But it tends to be warm.  I like the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon - fast course, in Nov so a good chance of cool weather and it pushes a lot of training out of the hottest months.  That might be kind of far for you though.

And as long as we're expanding the travel radius, Detroit is awesome.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Picture from Baltimore were finally posted. Clearly I should have stepped aside to let the dude take his selfie  I'm in the sunglasses. You can probably get a pretty good idea from this picture just how crowded this race is.

Ugh.... getting a good race photo is like playing the lottery.  Not that it makes you feel any better, but you did cover the shirtless dude behind you :-).  Congrats on Baltimore!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Berto: Lol! Thanks! ...I'd tell her your done with running marathons, and like the more relaxed pace and surface of the longer trail races. That they are easier on your body-which is basically true. ...I'd think Raccoons are better than Bull Elk.

LM: Thanks!  I'm planning on running for time, but if he is there, probably not. Good luck on your progression run this weekend!  

Running for time OFR?  Okaaaaay.... I'll wait for the post race check-in to see how that plays out.   You're a racer, that I know.

RE the 50K and DW... so you're saying to be direct, upfront, and honest.... hmm... take the small hit up front versus the big hit afterwards.... shit... Yoda, you are!

RE Raccoons vs Bull Elks - Yes, I did have a plan for Bull Elk... it's shit my shorts, hope he doesn't like the smell, and pray to God that he doesn't look at me like....   then I'd be eff'd in more ways than one .

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Coastal

Good luck to those racing this weekend.  Run strong!

Docket_Rocket

And as long as we're expanding the travel radius, Detroit is awesome.

He could do Chicago, Detroit, and Indy. Just sayin...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

9 with 3 x 2 miles at HM pace. Supposed to be faster according to the plan, but no way can I run 6 miles faster than any race all year.

Picture from Baltimore were finally posted. Clearly I should have stepped aside to let the dude take his selfie  I'm in the sunglasses. You can probably get a pretty good idea from this picture just how crowded this race is.

3 x 2 miles @ HMP is a nice workout.

Looks like they're all in on a private joke, but nobody told you

RunningOnSand

He could do Chicago, Detroit, and Indy. Just sayin...

She Smile

And did you use the word "And" when describing those races? You are an amazing machine - I'm probably only going to do 1 FM next year. 

bluerun

Super B****

Sorry I haven't been paying very good attention lately, but is your HRM-Run strap old? Is it the one you bought like a year ago? I'm asking because mine is shot. It's the one I got with the 620 about... less than two years ago, actually.

Just a year old — it was a replacement for the one I got with my 620 in 2013 (which still “works,” albeit inaccurately).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

She Smile

And did you use the word "And" when describing those races? You are an amazing machine - I'm probably only going to do 1 FM next year. 

Smile  Sorry, SHE!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand