Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: They will never see it coming... (Read 35 times)

LRB

I started logging when I started using this baby:

Oh dear God.

Please tell me you still have that thing?

LRB

Oh, I said I would never run a 5k if I couldn't come under 30 minutes. I also said there was no point because I could just go run 3 miles on my own. 

Exactly.

My mistake was lining up in the very back of the crowd, what horrible fucking advice that was/is. That was the first and last time I ever did that dumb shit.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It does not feel like August today, that is a good thing. I planned on doing 1-ish easy, 2 at HM pace, 1 easy, 2 at 10k pace and whatever it took at easy pace to get back home. Would up being 9 miles total. I started the first part that was supposed to be HM pace. I looked down at my watch after the first 1/4 mile and was faster than 5k pace, oops. Dialed it back, thought it felt like HM pace. Nope. So both sets wound up being at 10k pace.

I should add I have no clue what 10k pace is for me right now. Based on my 5k times, I get right about 9mm, which is what I did tonight. However, that's' based on some really uneven & ugly paced 5ks with at least 1 mile that winds up slower than that, so not sure that's the best gauge.

I have no clue when I started running. Does the President's Physical Fitness test in middle school count? I dreaded than mile run. Probably the next time I ran any distance was my junior year in high school when I played soccer. Freshman year in college I took jogging as my mandatory PE credit. I started running 3 times per week in 2005, although I was a fair weather runner and did other things once the time changed & it got cold. I did my first 5k in 2010.

onemile

Oh dear God.

Please tell me you still have that thing?

Not sure. It was a hand me down from my bf. I eventually bought myself a 405.

LRB

Not sure. It was a hand me down from my bf. I eventually bought myself a 405.

I have a couple of pagers from the early 90's stored away along with some cell phones that look like they belong in a Dick Tracy movie. lol

LRB

I dreaded than mile run.

Isn't it weird how far that seemed back then? Now we run them like they run credits in a movie. lol

Half Crazy K 2.0

Isn't it weird how far that seemed back then? Now we run them like they run credits in a movie. lol

My easy pace is faster than my "all out" mile time in middle school. So in that aspect, I can say I am in better shape than when I was in middle school. However, I sandbagged the rest of the physical fitness test, as a gymnast, the strength & flexibility stuff was a cakewalk, I would see how many pull ups got me into the top percentile & do that many. Pretty sure I cannot do one now.

GinnyinPA

I didn't start my log here until I joined this forum about two years after I started running. When I did C25k I was on Cool Running and then Runners World until the spam invasions and just kept loose track on a sheet of paper - no times, no specifics, just 3 runs a week of 3 -4 miles.

Docket_Rocket

I transferred my RWOL log to here so it is accurate as of 2011.  Except I started running in 1999. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I went back and manually uploaded everything except for the first couple of months with C25K.

I managed to run 4.2 just a few hours after the blood draw without dying.

Hey, you are proof that those Runner's World emails of training for a marathon on three days a week is possible.

I will be happy to share the story of my first marathon, that will scare them straight.

Dave

LRB

I will be happy to share the story of my first marathon, that will scare them straight.

If the story doesnt, that finish line pic surely will. lol

#bestpicever

If the story doesnt, that finish line pic surely will. lol

#bestpicever

Ha. I forgot about that.

Dave

happylily

I just finished my 15 miler. It's 11:30 pm here, ffs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010