Beginners and Beyond

Any changes since Running? (Read 168 times)

LRB

The biggest change (or most annoying) is that I can no longer buy shoes because they are the flyest pair in the store.  Oh no, now I have to know if they are stability shoes, and if so to what degree and what is the ramp or heel to toe drop, and if there is a return policy if I run in them, and how they handle moisture blah, blah, blah, effin' blah.

adkkev

I dress brightly because the morons in my small town can't see worth a s*%$ in the dark when I run.

My clothing is very subdued in every day life (especially in court) but when I run, the more color the better.  Weird.

you should wear a pair of your  Asics noosas with a suit to court one day and see what they say. I dont go to court too often, but last time I was wearing running shoes with slacks and a polo. I didnt get any funny looks.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

I generally wear dark clothes and a bright ass orange vest to run in.

I feel like johnny cash as a construction worker.

shoes dont matter as my shoes I like are  like freakin  tanks and dont come in cool colors.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Luke79

The biggest change (or most annoying) is that I can no longer buy shoes because they are the flyest pair in the store.  Oh no, now I have to know if they are stability shoes, and if so to what degree and what is the ramp or heel to toe drop, and if there is a return policy if I run in them, and how they handle moisture blah, blah, blah, effin' blah.

Big grin  Yes, but it's sweet when you can have the best of both worlds.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I eat better and sleep better than I did and I wear running clothes just about every day because they are comfortable.

My normal wardrobe is very plain/conservative -- DW would say boring, drives her crazy that I won't wear any bright colors.

This carries over into running clothes, except with even less color variety. Everything is black/white/gray, with a little navy blue.

I have the opposite shoe problem as LRB, my choice is guided by the most boring color scheme. I am currently rotating 2 shoes that are actually kind of hard to tell apart even though they are different brands, because the colors are so similar.

I don't like to wear race shirts that have too much going on either. Except of course for the shirt from my marathon, because I want everyone to know I ran a friggin' marathon.

Dave

delicate flower

My activewear collection has gotten greater in volume but smaller in size.  I don't really care too much about the colors or matching.

I've also reached a new level or neurotic that I'm not sure DW knew existed.

<3

onemile

I have developed a fondness for expensive running clothes.  *ahem* Lululemon.  Once you try the good stuff, it's hard to go back to ordinary fabrics because they are so much nicer.  Sigh...

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Running Warehouse reusable bags.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Love the Half

I'm all about function and I care about saving money.  My running clothes come nearly exclusively from Target (Champion C-9 stuff) or stuff that's on clearance at National Running Center.  I pay little attention to color.  I figure I'm covered in a mix of snot, sweat, spit and a dribble or two of urine by the time I finish a run and, if it's a race, dried out Gatorade so how I look is fairly irrelevant.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MrNamtor

I run and work out dressed like a phys ed teacher from the 1980s, either cotton gym shorts, cotton t-shirt for indoor/warm weather running or sweat pants/pullover or sweat shirt for cold weather.

Otherwise I dress business casual for both work and hanging out,. I basically wear the same clothes on week days as i do on weekends though sometimes I just wear sweats and a t-shirt on the week ends.

No bright colors though i did wear a bright red polo while walking through Compton CA. I do believe one guy I passed almost shot me.

MrNamtor

I figure I'm covered in a mix of snot, sweat, spit and a dribble or two of urine by the time I finish a run and, if it's a race, dried out Gatorade so how I look is fairly irrelevant.

There are ways to make that work, fashion wise.

Target (Champion C-9 stuff) 

Oh yeah I dig that stuff, can't beat the price. And theirs are the only running pants I own, multiple pairs of the same ones.

And here's the shoes, could they BE any more boring & monotonous?

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Oh yeah I dig that stuff, can't beat the price. And theirs are the only running pants I own, multiple pairs of the same ones.

And here's the shoes, could they BE any more boring & monotonous?

+1 for the C9 stuff.  I'm really mad tho, can't find the singlets that I bought last summer in the store or online (they're Larges and I want to get Mediums).

Yeah, your shoes are a lil boring compared to what the UPS guy dropped off today. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!