Beginners and Beyond

Blade runner charged with murder (Read 159 times)

Nevrgivup

This is so shocking. I can't even believe it. I'd link the article but I'm on my iPad. Terrible for everyone involved.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Chairman

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Nevrgivup

Very fitting Scrape. It says that it was a case of misinterpreted identity and he thought he was shooting an intruder.

Chairman

I read the articles out there. There are many conflicting reports, but the police has said nothing about mistaken identity, and have charged him with murder. So for the time being, I am not buying the mistaken identity excuse. And even if it was an accidental shooting, he should do time for his negligence.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I don't honestly get the whole mistaken identity crap. We have guns, and I have a machete, and my stepson comes in late a lot but if I am concerned with who it is (though we have an alarm system, and a dog),  I'll turn the light on or I would say "I have a gun, who the hell are you?" or "who the hell is here". I don't believe the mistaken identity, seriously.

Edited after reading article: It wasn't mistaken identity, no freaking way.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

What I heard from the newscasts was that the police were debunking the "mistaken identity" theory but rather said they had responded to domestic violence reports from that address before.  But the conflicting reports will continue for a good while.

Very sad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shot four times? Mistaken identity? I think not.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

I got the vibe in the Olympics that he was hothead.  And maybe it was a case of mistaken identity.  His stardom really increased after the past summer, so maybe he legitimately thought it was someone else.  Who knows. Definitely is manslaughter though.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

True, although one of the things they teach women for self defense and a gun is that once you need to use your gun, shoot until the gun is empty....

Shot four times? Mistaken identity? I think not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Manslaughter is more for criminal negligence and accidental deaths, and in other situations.  If they can prove the prior domestic violence issues, manslaughter might not even be an option (assuming S. Africa has manslaughter in their criminal laws)..

I got the vibe in the Olympics that he was hothead.  And maybe it was a case of mistaken identity.  His stardom really increased after the past summer, so maybe he legitimately thought it was someone else.  Who knows. Definitely is manslaughter though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Chairman

It's apparently a high security fenced in community, so I am sure there are surveillance cameras and a security desk.

We'll probably know exactly when she came over. If she comes over there during the day and gets shot at 4 am, it's pretty clear murder. My guess is that the police might already know some of these details, and that's the reason they came down with the murder charge so quickly.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

As for Blade Runner, I haven't like him since the Olympics.  He claimed his prosthetic legs didn't give him an advantage, but he went on to compete in the paralympics as well and claimed that another competitor who had prosthetic legs just like his had an advantage because his were longer.  You can't have it both ways.  You competed in two different Olympics.  You lost in both.  Nobody else had the opportunities that you had, and you couldn't pull it off.  Cry me a river.

As for the shooting, I have guns and so do most of the people I know.  I don't buy the mistaken identity claim.  The claim I heard was that she was in the house when he got home to surprise him.  I can't imagine a situation in which I'd come home with someone in my house, and shoot someone without seeing them first.  Unarmed girlfriend hardly looks like an intruder.  If I knew someone was in my house, I wouldn't even go in.  I'd call the police from outside.  If she jumped out and surprised me, then I'm not nearly quick enough to draw without seeing a face first.  That theory just doesn't hold water.  Now that the police chief is saying that there have been previous calls about domestic disturbances, I think the guy is just a a-hole, and now possibly a murderer.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Chairman

Now I see some reports that she was shot in the bedroom at 3 am and then dragged to the front door. Police say there are witnesses they are interviewing.

Trail Monster

No one hits a target 4 times in the dark. I'm a hell of a shot but I couldn't hit a moving target that many times without being able to make out enough characteristics to identify the target. My guess would be that the police will find she was shot even after she went down. And you're telling me she never once cried out which would have alerted him to her identity? BS.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Nevrgivup

Gotta love it when you go to modify your original post and forget that someone has quoted you. Tongue Sometimes I don't think before I type.Oh well. We've all done this.