Beginners and Beyond

Milky Way Bar Thursdailies (Read 40 times)

outoftheblue

Treadmill progression run complete.  I was kind of dreading this just two days after a hard tempo run, but holy hell.  60 minutes, increasing the speed every 10 minutes.  8.84 miles at 6:47 avg pace.  Can.not.wait.to.race.

My LR Saturday is going to suck like few things have ever sucked before.

What a cool workout.  I need to try that sometime (but at slower paces, lol).

By contrast I had a very slow 5 mile recovery run today on the mill.

Life is good.

Cyberic

DaveP, and you're poorer of how many dollars? You got the 220?

Docket_Rocket

4 miles with hubby tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I ran yesterday so today is weights.   On the schedule is some sort of torturous combination of various box jumps, squats, lunges and planks.

Done.

I had to keep stopping and resting because I was getting dizzy.  But I got through it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well this blows, went out with Dorian to the Tahoe to head to the store only to realize it won't freaking start  A couple of times these last 2-3 weeks while headed to the gym I would notice my battery would go very low and the headlights would dim but thought it was just the freezing cold. It did it earlier this week during good weather and now it just won't start. The headlights work, the lights on the dash and the radio will work but nothing in the engine     This is total bullshit! I don't like being stranded at home damn it, DH says he will bring the battery charger home but my biggest concern is should I chance going to the gym tomorrow morning and being stranded in the parking lot or just lose another day from the gym? I want to go out there and burn this shit out of it, I even spent an hour cleaning the interior of that thing today .

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

How is the park?  I'm going to be living about 10 minutes from there soon.   Looking forward to doing some trail running there.

My wife's brothers house backs up against the park, so he has a private trail there, but the park itself was nice. Saw a few bikers.  I wouldn't run where we were because I don't think my ankles could take the terrain. They also have the Swamp rabbit trail, which is paved and runs from travelers rest to downtown Greenville, about 13 miles I think.  It's a nice area.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

DaveP, and you're poorer of how many dollars? You got the 220?

The 220 for 250.

Dave

happylily

Only 12 miles done, partly because I started too late (I just finished and it's 9:30 pm) but also because the nausea returned after 10 miles. I had to run the last 2 at recovery pace, that's all I could do. Average pace overall: 8:14, not the progression I was hoping for. I'll try again tomorrow.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

workinprogress11

Only 12 miles done, partly because I started too late (I just finished and it's 9:30 pm) but also because the nausea returned after 10 miles. I had to run the last 2 at recovery pace, that's all I could do. Average pace overall: 8:14, not the progression I was hoping for. I'll try again tomorrow.

Feel better!  You've been through enough lately.

7 progressive miles for me.

happylily

Feel better!  You've been through enough lately.

7 progressive miles for me.

Thank you! And you have been running well!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

The FastBreak was where it was at, back in the days of eating candy bars frequently.

15 with the last 5 at MP.  Tomorrow is bib number and corral assignment day!

workinprogress11

Thank you! And you have been running well!

Thanks!  I hope to keep improving now that the weather is cooperating.