Beginners and Beyond

It's Back To Work WEDNESDAILIES & I have Just One Question? (Read 332 times)

Luke79

SRD....I guess.  My lower back hurts like a mother fucker and my knee hurts as well.  I don't know what the deal is with my back, but it's either sleeping (I sleep on my back) or the 4 hours in the car yesterday.  On a positive note, I'm getting a new "go to" pair of shoes.  Not sure which pair yet though, I'm looking around.  My left leg doesn't give a shit what I wear because it's bionic, but my right leg is all pissy about running.  I need something very supportive I think.

I'm going to try out some new trails tomorrow, and that's an exciting thought.  I found a great 2.4 mile loop 13 miles from my house where you can park right by the trail head and there are restrooms about 100 yards away...which you know can come in handy lol.

LRB

And when I run in the evening pre-dinner, I do have to say that the smell of people cooking their meaty dinners makes me hungry!

That is so true, and welcome to your new home!

Hey Purple!

Hi Cris!

Code, I wore a heavy leather coat today, but went back to the office to get my spare fleece jacket to wear under it!

I'm not complaining too loud though, we have had it so good this past year!

Shakedown Street

4 this am, hopefully time for 4 more this pm

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Docket_Rocket

Yay for running again!

Happy Birthday, Beth! You look fabulous and I am sure you can kick many younger butts.

For me: Day 8 of return to running after surgery.

Weather: there was ice on the sidewalks yesterday, so I was glad it snowed overnight and that it kept snowing. A little snow and shoe spikes gave me enough traction not to end on my backside (or worse). The uphills on the snow and wind working against me were tough.

Six times (4 minutes run, 1 minute walk). 24 total running minutes. I felt happy (everything was creaking a little, though).

I will attempt skiing tomorrow. Utah slopes, here I come!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Part of my route passes in front of the Tony Roma's.  I run between 6-8pm, sheesh!

That is so true, and welcome to your new home!

Hey Purple!

Hi Cris!

Code, I wore a heavy leather coat today, but went back to the office to get my spare fleece jacket to wear under it!

I'm not complaining too loud though, we have had it so good this past year!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

Yay for running again!

Thank you D. What's up with your shoulder and how is your knee?

runmomto3boys

Beth: Happy birthday to you, sweetie!!!!!!!!

Code: Thanks!  Yes, I quit - just too many places to check in w/my mileage - that was the only reason.  Streamlining!

Lily: Enjoy that ski trip!

April: I'm glad you got that off your chest.  I hope he comes around. That medal hanger is PHENOMENAL!  I love it!

Zelanie: I hope the Garmin run goes well!  It's so fun testing out a new toy!  Yay!

Luke: Awww, man...I hope it's just something innocuous related to the way you slept.  I hope you find some new shoes that make your grumpy R leg happy!

Docket_Rocket

My knee is all black and blue but it does not hurt any more.  Shaving it today is going to be fun...not.  The shoulder is finally not hurting so I'm going to try some weight training today.  I have not had a knee this scratched since I was 10.

Good thing I have no court until the 8th because skirt suits are a no no until the black/blue areas go down.

Thank you D. What's up with your shoulder and how is your knee?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

My knee is all black and blue but it does not hurt any more.  Shaving it today is going to be fun...not.  The shoulder is finally not hurting so I'm going to try some weight training today.  I have not had a knee this scratched since I was 10.

Good thing I have no court until the 8th because skirt suits are a no no until the black/blue areas go down.

How did you hurt your shoulder?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Part of my route passes in front of the Tony Roma's.  I run between 6-8pm, sheesh!

Oy. My RP and I run through downtown a lot so we run past this Italian restaurant called Mama Nina's. It always smells AMAZING. Between that and the Brewworks, we've thought about bailing, getting food, and calling at least one of our significant others for a ride home, LOL. So far it hasn't happened... yet.

Docket_Rocket

From the fall.  I went Splat on the pavement.  The whole body.

How did you hurt your shoulder?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I really don't crave meat and I have not had chicken since April.  Son't even miss bacon which was my favorite.

Oy. My RP and I run through downtown a lot so we run past this Italian restaurant called Mama Nina's. It always smells AMAZING. Between that and the Brewworks, we've thought about bailing, getting food, and calling at least one of our significant others for a ride home, LOL. So far it hasn't happened... yet.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Mmmmm garlic....haven't been there in a while. I always want to go to Brewworks after Aardvark's group runs but it's always packed.

8 for me. One thing I like about being off work this time of year is being able to run in the daylight. 10 degrees, sunny, and no wind made for a really nice run.

CrisRuns

From the fall.  I went Splat on the pavement.  The whole body.

I am glad you are better. That was one nasty fall.