Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins Eat Sandwiches (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry you had to cut your miles short, Traci.  Hope "Camo Man" does not show up again for your run tonite.  Good thoughts for your little one feeling better in no time!

Sorry you are sick, obiebyke.  What's 'tabata'?  Wasn't that the name of Samantha's kid in the tv show "Bewitched"? 

Good luck with ALS, Rach!  Should be a breeze for you!

Happy miles after work, Zelanie!

Safe travel, HsM, and have fun at the competition.  Bouncing and packing...that creates a mental picture all right! 

Happy new Monday routine, Jack!

It's okay to 'blerch' on occasion, sapf....just as long as it does not become a permanent habit.

Woohoo for Cancun, Jerry.  Safe travel and enjoy the ocean, the beach, the drinks, the hotel, the drinks, the sightseeing...oh, and the drinks!

Sorry you are on night-shift again already, Mitch.  As if the time change doesn't throw off your body clock enough!

I misread that at first, Ginny as "getting out with Jim Beam" lol...yeah, that might get you into trouble...Jim and Ben is probably a whole lot better! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

obiebyke

Tabata is high intensity interval training. I do it using just bodyweight. It's 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest, for 8 cycles of each exercise = 4 minutes. And as many of those 4 minute blocks as you want. So, like, lunges, pushups, squats, etc, as many as you can for each 20 second interval. It's easy to set up and kicks my butt.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Stopped at the park on my way home and ran 2 miles.  Felt good!

Running for TJ because he can't.

From the Internet.

Evening friends! Busy day. Managed to get in 4.1 miles, longest run since surgery Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

My 5 yr old is sick AGAIN. 3rd time in 2 weeks. This time it's fever and a cough from Hell. He is out of school today.  Running in the dark again tonight booooo.

Y'all can't catch a dang break!  Hope it clears out quickly and without spreading.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Great job, Baconista!

As Jerry posted, I DNFd. The wind gusts in the 40mphs (some reported in the 60mphs) and the flying debris wrecked my asthma.  I am OK. I am used to high winds in Miami but there are days my lungs cannot handle them.  Yesterday was one of those days.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page