Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 35 times)

bluerun

Super B****

That's the weirdest part... I can do most yeast breads fine, sufganiyot have yeast and I have no problem with that, I can bake mostly anything with no problem.  But challah?  Nope, nope, and nope.

Trader Joe's FTW!  I didn't actually buy cashews this year (that's a lie, I bought chocolate-covered ones), but I always buy them there because they're so much cheaper than anywhere else.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

I'm trying to decide if I want to do my long run in 30mph wind (gusts to 50mph) and freezing rain on Saturday or in 20mph wind and wintry mix/snow on Sunday.  Today was 36* with 20mph wind and rain.

I would prefer the less windy one, but I don't experience your cold weather to know much about how much it would suck.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I ran 5 miles.  It was 72 degrees outside.  I almost wanted to cry it was so nice.

<3

Docket_Rocket

I ran 5 miles.  It was 72 degrees outside.  I almost wanted to cry it was so nice.

I would love to run in 72F! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I would love to run in 72F! 

Yeah but your 72 degrees still feels like 94 degrees.  This 72 degrees felt like 72 degrees.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Yeah but your 72 degrees still feels like 94 degrees.  This 72 degrees felt like 72 degrees.

LOL.  True!

I can't wait to get to SC on Monday.  Some nice weather, but super horrid hills.  I'll take it.  I love how they say it's super humid there and then I go and it's dry (for us).  Except that week when it was 107F.  As bad as Miami.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

7.3 miles with strides on a not flat route by work. Beautiful ocean views almost made me forget it was 80 degrees. Almost. Thankfully there was a water fountain at the turnaround.