Beginners and Beyond

All Star Week (Read 66 times)

RSX

You lose 10 street cred points.

I'm finding it has gained me more street cred mileage. I just wasn't sure about All Star Week

Brilliant

Dave, forgot to say, people keep it such a secret, logs are locked or not updated and no posts are made until Monday (meaning, no mileage posting, not no posts).

Really? That's intense!

So I had no idea what this was...I am a team co-captain, we've had absolutely no discussion of this.  What should we be doing?  "I put in for 75" - what does that even mean; do the team members bid for a spot??  Yikes.

delicate flower

Does being banned from l&o help me or hurt me?

Congrats on achieving what is nearly impossible.

<3

RSX

Congrats on achieving what is nearly impossible.

Thanks that's what I heard on RW

Docket_Rocket

Really? That's intense!

So I had no idea what this was...I am a team co-captain, we've had absolutely no discussion of this.  What should we be doing?  "I put in for 75" - what does that even mean; do the team members bid for a spot??  Yikes.

We have not made the announcement but most people know when it is by prior years (and the files with the weekly competition groups says it).  No worries, you guys still have time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave, forgot to say, people keep it such a secret, logs are locked or not updated and no posts are made until Monday (meaning, no mileage posting, not no posts).

OK, well I have now fixed my post to remove the offending figure, but it is still quoted in yours.

I would still think people are going to run whatever they're going to run, regardless of what anyone else is doing. I assumed it was like the yearly mileage total you state at the beginning, which is public information. What do I know.

Dave

LRB

OK, well I have now fixed my post to remove the offending figure, but it is still quoted in yours.

I would still think people are going to run whatever they're going to run, regardless of what anyone else is doing. I assumed it was like the yearly mileage total you state at the beginning, which is public information. What do I know.

I did not care who knew what I was running (I have enough shit to worry about) but for the sake of those on my team who did, I did not give run totals in the dailies that week or update my log. The latter of which nearly killed me being the log 'ho that I am. 

If you recall, Brrr gave his daily totals one year because he thought it was stupid to hide them and he was right, it is.

Docket_Rocket

Fixed.  And I am sure it's no big deal, except people are going to be stalking you to see what you are running so they can outrun.  It's part of the fun (guessing what X will run so you can run more).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

LRB, it might not be but I remember one year each person in my All Star team had one person to try to outrun.  So, of course, you stalk and try to find how much they are doing.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

And one year one of the all stars didn't even post.

Docket_Rocket

OMG!  I remember that!

One year, we selected one person that apparently was not paying attention and the person ran less than 30 miles that week. 

It's all in good fun, though.  I wish the system would allow for at least 2 more of these a year.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

LOL...wow.

<3