Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: The Things We Do to Run (Read 36 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Oh and that stove is ALMOST as old as I am.

It does irritate me that you cannot seem to buy replacement parts for things anymore. Do you KNOW how many BBQs we have had to purchase because once the burners disintegrate and you go to look for the part they no longer make that kind because new models take new types so guess what you need to buy a new one. Same with laptops. Geesh. And yes, that was one long run on sentence.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Fixed my oven today. I used to fix stuff with my dad all the time, but nowadays when things break you throw them away and get a new one.

I looked at the prices of new ovens , and since the circuitry of an oven is so simple (ours is 45 years old), I guess the price of a new one justified me taking a look at what was wrong with it.

The wire from the control to the bottom heating unit was broken. Fixed that, saved a shit load of money!

Impressive.

I am the least handy guy you will ever meet. But I have managed to fix a bunch of stuff over the years, avoiding either replacement or expensive service guy visit, thanks to the interwebz. Some time spent googling helps to figure out the problem, and with the make/model number of the appliance, you can find virtually any part available online. And sites like ApplianceRepairPros.com also link you to a YouTube video showing you how to do the job.

I still stay away from anything too major with electrical or plumbing, because i think you can really do some serious damage if you don't know what you're doing (which I don't).

(MTA: one of these jobs was in fact replacing a diintegrating burner on a BBQ.)

Dave

LRB

I googled it and am still stumped.

Not That I Would Know All About That?

Google wouldn't know, it was born here.

It's easier to figure out when in context of the sentence, without that, it's almost impossible. Not that I would know anything about that.

You didn't try Urban Dictionary.

Dave

Hip Redux

Not That I Would Know All About That?

Not that I would know anything about that.

(Oski:  The DaveP translator)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Careful, or I'm gonna have to bust out my police sketch artist rendering of you.

Dave

Hip Redux

Careful, or I'm gonna have to bust out my police sketch artist rendering of you.

^ the hair is spot on.

Dave

Hip Redux

^ the hair is spot on.

IKR?

Docket_Rocket

Very much alike. Wow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

OH NO THEY DI'INT!

Speaking of, we went apple-picking yesterday. Came back from my run todsy and DW had made a big baked apple pancake. If any of you have an Original Pancake House near you, it's like the kind you get there. Basically like eating an apple pie for breakfast. NTTAWWT.

Omg, yum!!

4 miles.  Day 60 of running streak.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The dogs and I got in 5.2 miles out on the trails tonight, I felt pretty good. Night everyone.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)