Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

I wear it outside but no magic has happened..

For some reason I thought you couldn't set the calibration factor on the 620/630..

My pod always gives me .29 when it should be .28 for one lap

and 1.06 when it should be 1 for a mile

So what should my calibration factor be?

But also I switch it between different shoes

I'm screwing up the spelling I know but who is in the new avi? Mayze or Gracie?

onemile

I'm screwing up the spelling I know but who is in the new avi? Mayze or Gracie?

That is Gracie. You get points for not guessing Bruno 

onemile

Today's schedule was 12 X minute with a minute "hard" followed by a minute "moderate".

So a total 24 minute workout with warm-up and cool down to bring it to 6 miles.

I had paces in the back of my mind of 10K ish for the "hard" (so around 7:20 to 7:20) and about 8:30 for the moderate which is on the faster side of a good average slog jog for me.

Ended up averaging about 7:20 for the hard (with the last six being faster than the first six) and the moderate averaging about 8:20.

Feel really good about this workout.  Essentially ran a 5K in 24 minutes - which isn't too bad for an OldPhart.

Nice. I always dislike having moderate paced recoveries!

onemile

Gotta admit - these Hudson Elite coaches come up with some really inventive workouts.

MTA:  I sent them a note about the referral.

Thank you. I was hoping not to get a bill for February but I did!

onemile

Oh, I ran 7

LRB

That dude is unfuckingmistakable...well, to me anyway. lol

No more marathons

Thank you. I was hoping not to get a bill for February but I did!

Yeah, it was getting my bill that reminded me.  I sent them an e-mail - I'll let you know if/when I get a response.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Gotta love a GSD.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy, Phil!

Feel better, Lauren!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Ran another 9.5

Cyberic

I wear it outside but no magic has happened..

For some reason I thought you couldn't set the calibration factor on the 620/630..

My pod always gives me .29 when it should be .28 for one lap

and 1.06 when it should be 1 for a mile

So what should my calibration factor be?

But also I switch it between different shoes

It measures long, so you need to lower whatever calibration factor is on. If it's 0.98, try 0.97. If it's 1.03, try 1.02. Then check what the result is. After a couple of tries, you should get it. Once you do, remember the factor, as when you'll run outside, the Garmin magic (that you don't like) will probably change it back.

You can get pretty good results with changing shoes if the pod is clipped in an equivalent spot on the other shoes, so the pod will move the same way when you run.

After a couple of weeks of winter I know where to clip the pod on every pair of shoes I use inside, and what calibration factor to use for each. As I said, I hate it when it is off.