Beginners and Beyond

Wrong Way Penguins Fridalies (Read 18 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Wrong Way Corrigan Day!

PADRunner

Out for 5.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 6 tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  I could feel yesterday's track workout in my legs last night, but at least I was running in new shoes!  These are my new Saucony Zealots:

Today I have a RD, but will still walk with DH.  I am trying to not be a total sloth on my RDs.

PAD- Morning!  Have a good 5!

D- Have a good Pi/Run night!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh my goodness, it is getting hot now in Texas, we are approaching the over 100 degree heat index.  Time for me now to become a morning runner for the rest of the summer.  That was emphasized by my run/walk yesterday at Fort Sam Houston after work.  Stupid weather guy predicted a high of only 93 yesterday with a 'feels like' of 95, so not bad at all.  He LIED.   I went out for my run/walk thinking it was 93, but about halfway done, my body could tell that was not correct.  Mr. DJ on my radio station verified this, saying for everyone outside to be careful, the temp was actually 96 and the heat index (this was about 5:45 pm) was now close to 100 degrees.....gaaack!   You know how hot it felt out there?  I'll tell you how I knew it was HOT....because part of my route was past the golf course and there were NO golfers out...and when those fanatics are not out doing their golf thing during a Texas summer day, that's when you know it's hot and uncomfortable out there!   I ran VERY easy during my running segments - I think turtles and snails were passing me - and ended up with a REALLY slow 3 miles. Oh well, at least I got them done.   After I got back to the gym the post-run COLD shower felt great!

Today is a rest and and this weekend, for once, I am not doing any races.  Although tomorrow I am volunteering for a local women's 5K, I will be one of the Course Marshals.  My friend is the RD of this race and she told me to bring my camera so I could get some on-course photos for her of some of the ladies running.  Will do!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

I like the shoes, Zel!

5 done this morning.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3.2 on the nice cool track.

What's the heel drop, Zel?

hope you had a good 5 PAD.

Have a good 6, D.

Take some good pictures, Scotty.

Zelanie

Hi Brilliant and Jerry!

Jerry, they have a 4mm drop.  They're Saucony's version of almost-Hokas

Amazonian Princess

Happy Friday!

Rest day today and will be having dinner with DH's family in a few hours. Got a longish run with the group tomorrow morning so I shouldn't drink, but drinking makes time with DH's family a little less painful. Decisions, decisions...

I finally looked at a calendar and realized that I'm supposed to be in Week Three of training for my half   so I spent my lunch break today smooshing together a plan that lists Coach Jenny Hadfield's Run/Walk workouts on one line, what my trainer recommended that I do on the next, then what I actually did on another. I figure I'd use the same plan as last year for recommended duration/mileage of workouts but ignore the listed walk breaks since I usually take fewer and shorter ones.

PAD - I hope you had a nice five!

Docket - happy six and Pilates! Should leave you time for a martini tonight

Cool shoes, Zel!

Have fun at the 5k tomorrow, scotty! Actually, I know you will

Hi, Brilliant!

Jerry - Indoor track?

I can. I will. I am.