Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES' got them moves like Jagger (Read 41 times)

delicate flower

I am busier than a dog with two butts today.  Early swim this morning with the masters group, plus a bike ride to tend to after work.  I'm leaving work early to get the snow tires removed from my car, so my apologies for causing the inevitable snowstorm that'll hit within the next week.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I am busier than a dog with two butts today.  Early swim this morning with the masters group, plus a bike ride to tend to after work.  I'm leaving work early to get the snow tires removed from my car, so my apologies for causing the inevitable snowstorm that'll hit within the next week.

But are you busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest?  When is your tri and is there tracking?

delicate flower

But are you busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest?  When is your tri and is there tracking?

Aug 21 and yes...lots of splits will be posted on the Ironman website.  I think they post something like 2 swim splits, 10 bike splits, and 10 run splits.  It'll give you guys an all day thing to laugh about, you know, because everyone sits around in front of a computer all day on a Sunday in August.

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hah no worries! You didn't miss a thing!

I missed that you were running Boston. Or I forgot because of old brain. Regardless, I hope you had a good race but I'm sorry I didn't know to look for you.

SRD again. I front loaded mileage last week and will back load this week because I didn't want to have to pack all of my running crap and check a bag. I regret that now as I'd like to be to get out there today before I go to the airport.

This will probably be my last visit to Boston unless I actually qualify for the marathon someday.  My daughter is moving to Cambridge UK soon so I won't be visiting her here anymore.  It really is a nice city, though.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket_Rocket

No run for me, just got home with groceries.  Oh, the bathroom remodeling has my house so dusty if I don't clean it I'll have an asthma attack soon, we have no water since the water main line broke and they are trying to fix it, and Rubio retested positive for FIV (it's a mistake, I am sure).  Fuck this day.  I am even having a martini.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Zelanie I am enjoying the Goldfinch.

Ric-G

10 miles this evening...then a bbq hamburger...

marathon pr - 3:16

Zelanie

Zelanie I am enjoying the Goldfinch.

Yay!  I have one more book to finish before I start the Girl Who Slept With God.

Zelanie

So it doesn't look like I can defer my Newport registration, and I don't think I can train properly between now and June 4.  I could actually make almost as much money as I spent on registration by working that morning (have the chance to cover a shift), but it's the principle of the thing, you know.

So then I start thinking about how can I still manage to get out there and enjoy the day, even if I'm not running competitively.  I consider walking, but that just sounds like a long time to be out there and a good way to kill toenails.

Then I realize that if I do a 2:00/0:30 walk/run, my estimated finishing time is about what my marathon "run" times are (since I'm not a very good marathoner, just a determined one).

I have a stubborn pride that I want to be a marathon runner, not a run/walker.  I have nothing against those who do, it's just not what I want for myself.

But dammit, I could maybe finish the race like that?  This time, since I don't have a lot of other good options?  I like that better than dropping if I'm healthy on race day.  Might as well get out there and enjoy.