Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: When your body says it 8:00, but the clock says it's 9:00 (Read 29 times)

onemile

I have the 4 miles of :30 hard/2:30 moderate workout coming up. It took 17 fucking days to figure out how to program that stupid workout. I almost asked you for help!

I did say almost.

I just estimate my average pace to figure out about how many times to put for the repeat

Docket_Rocket

10 done. 41 for the week. Boom.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

How's that?

I have the 220. It has a run/walk setting that you can set and then it records mile splits. The downside is you have to stop the Garmin to change the setting. So you can do 4 miles of the 1 minute hard/1 easy (or whatever). If you care about how fast each interval is, you won't get that data.

Here's the directions from Garmin:

Menu > Settings > Activity Settings > Alerts > Run/Walk > Status > On.

LRB

I didn't know if you were planning on running more than one 10k. There's a lot of spring left

Ah. Got it.

It's a tough distance to find a favorable course on the day you want to run it. I actually might end up running one on the day of the half instead though. It's great that the half is not a goal race, so all options are on the tablet. 

Zelanie

12 in the forest. That shit got hard somewhere along the way.

LRB

I have the 220. It has a run/walk setting that you can set and then it records mile splits. The downside is you have to stop the Garmin to change the setting. So you can do 4 miles of the 1 minute hard/1 easy (or whatever). If you care about how fast each interval is, you won't get that data.

Here's the directions from Garmin:

Menu > Settings > Activity Settings > Alerts > Run/Walk > Status > On.

Quoted for future reference, not that I'll ever remember where to find the damn thing. lol

LRB

That's awesome. lol

Docket_Rocket

Forest sounds scary in and of itself.  Kudos.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

10 done. 41 for the week. Boom.

I suspect you'll zoom by my little mileage like I'm on the bench soon!

Docket_Rocket

I suspect you'll zoom by my little mileage like I'm on the bench soon!

LOL.  Going back to the 50s next week.  If OK, then I'll stay around there.  So, yes? Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Sounds hilly.

LRB

LOL.  Going back to the 50s next week.  If OK, then I'll stay around there.  So, yes? Wink

Probably. Aside from the half that flu fucked me out of, I have no real need to be in the 50s for 5 and 10k stuff for any prolonged period. I have 3 half marathons on the schedule (potentially) for the fall though so July and/or August is when I'll be looking at starting that nonsense.

Zelanie

Sounds hilly.

I picked the beginner trails and mostly stuck to logging roads, but strava still said almost 1300 ft of elevation gain.

LRB

Now my body is telling me it's 8:35 but the clock says it's 9:35. Oh, the irony.

#goodnightpeeps