Beginners and Beyond

Rest for the weary ThursDAILIES (Read 44 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I whacked it on something last Friday (I think) and it has gotten progressively worse ever since. Not so much while I run but afterwards with pain and swelling.

I was trying to manage it but finally decided overnight to throw in the towel. I am not going to run again until it has healed sufficiently.

Ah. Take care!

Marjorie

GinnyinPA

LRB - I used to regularly get big bruises on my thighs or hips from whacking myself on the furniture.  I'd say a loud OUCH at the time, then completely forget it happened until a few days later I'd notice the bruise.  It still happens occasionally, though our house is better set up now, but I don't bruise as easily any more.  DH hits his head regularly but rarely remembers how he does it if you ask him later why he has a scab on the top of his head.

I hope a couple of days of rest help you heal.  Try some aspirin to break up any clots.  Actually, any possibility that it's DVT?  Have you been on an airplane lately?  DH thought he had tendonitis several years ago but the red swollen shin turned out to be a clot.

AFM:  Had a great 5.5 mile run today.  It was cool (50s) and misty and it was almost flat as I ran in town instead of at home.  Very fast and easy.

onemile

I ran 6. Thunderstorms here tonight and it was pelting rain on the way back.

LRB

LRB - I used to regularly get big bruises on my thighs or hips from whacking myself on the furniture.  I'd say a loud OUCH at the time, then completely forget it happened until a few days later I'd notice the bruise.  It still happens occasionally, though our house is better set up now, but I don't bruise as easily any more.  DH hits his head regularly but rarely remembers how he does it if you ask him later why he has a scab on the top of his head.

I hope a couple of days of rest help you heal.  Try some aspirin to break up any clots.  Actually, any possibility that it's DVT?  Have you been on an airplane lately?  DH thought he had tendonitis several years ago but the red swollen shin turned out to be a clot.

I have not flown recently but reading about that scared the living shit outta me. lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I have not flown recently but reading about that scared the living shit outta me. lol

Too much vino...

"Think of alcohol as a calcium-blocker; it prevents the bone-building minerals you eat from being absorbed. And heavy drinking disrupts the bone remodeling process by preventing osteoblasts, the bone-building cells, from doing their job. So not only do bones become weaker, but when you do suffer a fracture, alcohol can interfere with healing."

LRB

Too much vino...

"Think of alcohol as a calcium-blocker; it prevents the bone-building minerals you eat from being absorbed. And heavy drinking disrupts the bone remodeling process by preventing osteoblasts, the bone-building cells, from doing their job. So not only do bones become weaker, but when you do suffer a fracture, alcohol can interfere with healing."

As I sip from a fine Pinot Noir while reading that.