Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Beware of the magnifying mirror (Read 40 times)

outoftheblue

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and condolences the other day.  I'm doing better each day.  It helps to focus my attention on the 2 amazing dogs I still have.  Lots of walks and treats.

This weeks is a recovery week so just 5 recovery miles today.  Last weekend I did my first true MP long run -- 16 miles with the last 10 at GMP.  I ended up doing the MP portion about 10 sec/mile faster than I was really intending, so it was a nice confidence boost.

LRB -- You are so right about magnifying mirrors.  Mine is hidden away under my sink.

Cyber -- Enjoy the intervals.

Dave -- You know your hard core when you idea of a recovery day is to run 8 miles

Baboon -- Good luck on your upcoming half.  I know you are deep into marathon training, but are you going for a PR?

Docket -- That sounds like an intense workout.  Hope it goes well.

Lily -- Sorry to hear that you're having sciatica issues.  Hope it feels better soon.

MBC -- Congrats!  What a great result.

Scotty -- Shoe color IS important.  Plus, if you rotate them, they last longer, right?

Zel -- Glad you are enjoying the speedwork.  Hope it goes well again today.

D2 -- I hope you are not impacted by the flooding, other than it messing with your running.  Stay dry and safe.   BTW, Congrats on the monster miles you've logging.

Life is good.

LRB

That's a nice run Blue!

B-Plus

Just a quickly fly by as I'm also headed to an all day meeting 

10 x 100 reps tonight

Docket_Rocket

Lily, if it's not sciatica, it could be piriformis and both suck.  Feel better.

An MBC sighting!

Baboon, you're not doing the same Boston HM as me, right?  You know, after all, it's Michelob Ultra something or other.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Congrats MBC! Big grin Awesome job!

Another rest day for me. Back at it tomorrow!

LRB

Baboon, you're not doing the same Boston HM as me, right?  You know, after all, it's Michelob Ultra something or other.

I don't think he would run it for free.  lol

delicate flower

Nope.  Gulf Beach HM in Milford, CT.  Early gun time forecast is upper 50's and cloudy, with a chance of rain.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Nope.  Gulf Beach HM in Milford, CT.  Early gun time forecast is upper 50's and cloudy, with a chance of rain.

For me too?  Please?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the workout, Z.  Have fun with it.

Stay safe D2!  We don't want your run to turn into a duathlon with running and then having to swim a flooded road, trail, etc.

Scotty -- Shoe color IS important.  Plus, if you rotate them, they last longer, right?  Yes, they do last longer.  Especially with my very low weekly mileage, lol.  Congrats on your long run!

All day meeting, oh yay, B-Plus!  Hope your mind stays intact.

Enjoy the well-earned rest day, Lauren.

Connecticut has a Gulf?  Who knew.   Good luck, Baboon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Survived the meetings, more on the way tomorrow morning. At least tomorrow, it's the kind of meeting that will make us progress, unlike the one this afternoon.

So I ran twice around the park after work, did 4 x 4 minutes at Interval pace with 2 mins rest. Since my Interval pace is 4 mins/km, they were 1000s.

Then jogged home. That took around 30 minutes, for a total of maybe 7.5 miles or something.

Mmmmm...beer

No more rain today, so that's good.  5 more done this evening, came home to fresh baked dark chocolate & caramel cookies!  She has no respect for my goals, but damn I love that woman!! 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

My lungs do not do well running at HMP.  I hope I did not hurt them for Sunday.  9 miles done with 2 X 2 miles @ HMPish.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Congrats MBC!

Docket_Rocket

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments and condolences the other day.  I'm doing better each day.  It helps to focus my attention on the 2 amazing dogs I still have.  Lots of walks and treats.

This weeks is a recovery week so just 5 recovery miles today.  Last weekend I did my first true MP long run -- 16 miles with the last 10 at GMP.  I ended up doing the MP portion about 10 sec/mile faster than I was really intending, so it was a nice confidence boost.

LRB -- You are so right about magnifying mirrors.  Mine is hidden away under my sink.

Cyber -- Enjoy the intervals.

Dave -- You know your hard core when you idea of a recovery day is to run 8 miles

Baboon -- Good luck on your upcoming half.  I know you are deep into marathon training, but are you going for a PR?

Docket -- That sounds like an intense workout.  Hope it goes well.

Lily -- Sorry to hear that you're having sciatica issues.  Hope it feels better soon.

MBC -- Congrats!  What a great result.

Scotty -- Shoe color IS important.  Plus, if you rotate them, they last longer, right?

Zel -- Glad you are enjoying the speedwork.  Hope it goes well again today.

D2 -- I hope you are not impacted by the flooding, other than it messing with your running.  Stay dry and safe.   BTW, Congrats on the monster miles you've logging.

I am sorry about your doggie!  Nice run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page