Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins & any others! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Ampersand Day.  Who comes up with this stuff??  Anyway, running a little late due to a doc appt this morning, but all is well, so woo-hoo!!  I have quartet rehearsal tonight, which should be a blast.  Chorus last night certainly was!!

Docket, I bet watching people prep for hurricanes is like watching people prep for snow up here.  "MUST BUY AT LEAST 2 GALLONS OF MILK AND SIX LOAVES OF BREAD!!"  Ok, so you know your road will be plowed out and clear in two days, right?

Ginny, enjoy the lovely fall weather!  It was like 48 with DH went out walking with Dusty this morning. 

Scotty, enjoy your "cooler" weather too!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

It's National Ampersand Day.  Who comes up with this stuff??

lol - I wonder how many people are left who even know what that is.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 5 miles tonight.

HopesMom, someone here bought 40 (FORTY) cases of water.  If only we had something like tap water...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

lol - I wonder how many people are left who even know what that is.

Mostly doofy geeks like me!

Singer who runs a smidge

Afternoon!  I have 5 miles tonight.

HopesMom, someone here bought 40 (FORTY) cases of water.  If only we had something like tap water...

Maybe they figure the water will be undrinkable?  Anyway, that's a freakin' boatload of water!!

Docket_Rocket

You store it ahead of time it isn't.  Plus we have never been out of tap water during and after hurricanes here.  People just panic.

I have actually never bought bottled water for any of the hurricanes I've gone to and I've been through many, even Cat 5s.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

They may be planning to give it away or sell it.

I did a mostly easy 6.3 at the County Park this afternoon. There was one hilly mile and some strides the last two miles, so my overall pace was good. September has been significantly faster overall, thanks to the cool weather. Sweet.

D - good luck this weekend. Per the evening news, it looks like Miami is going to be spared a direct hit, which is good. But stay safe. No showing up on TV as the crazy jogger running behind the news camera in the middle of the deluge.

Docket_Rocket

They may be planning to give it away or sell it.

I did a mostly easy 6.3 at the County Park this afternoon. There was one hilly mile and some strides the last two miles, so my overall pace was good. September has been significantly faster overall, thanks to the cool weather. Sweet.

D - good luck this weekend. Per the evening news, it looks like Miami is going to be spared a direct hit, which is good. But stay safe. No showing up on TV as the crazy jogger running behind the news camera in the middle of the deluge.

I have done 20 milers as a storm/hurricane is arriving, so... Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page