Beginners and Beyond

The Sun, the Moon, the Stars All Bear the Seal of FRIDAILIES (Read 219 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Happy Friday! late check-in for me. I overslept this morning so kept run short and sweet at 5+ miles. I wanted to get in 6-7, but this will do with tempo run tomorrow.

Good luck to all the Disney and Houston runners!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Luke79

7.2 miles @ a very easy 11:27 on my new favorite trail loop.  My first loop, I was clearing a lot of brush away.  It wasn't as muddy as I thought it would be, and I was able to take my shirt off for the last loop.  It's absolutely gorgeous here today, 70° and just a few clouds hanging out in the sky.  Great run.

runmomto3boys

13 miles done at 8:24 pace, easy.  One of those "and THIS is why I love to run" sort of runs.

Luke79

13 miles done at 8:24 pace, easy.  One of those "and THIS is why I love to run" sort of runs.

That's awesome.  We know what you mean.

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - Sending prayers your direction. How heartbreaking.

LRB - Don't be too quick to say you "handled it OK" - the DOMS from a pilates class usually hits me after 24-36 hours. And if it's been a while since I've been a class, I end up feeling like someone was punching me in the ribcage. Good stuff.

It was cool and damp - 36* and foggy - but nice to be out. 6+ miles at about a 9:50 overall pace. Slow, because I can tell my aerobic system is still feeling the effects of being sick. But minimal coughing during and after, which is a very good sign.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Jess runs for bacon

Beth, I bet that was a great confidence-booster! Smile

Jess, hope to see you tomorrow even if it's just on your bike. I don't know if Dave is planning on trying to run or not... if not, he'll definitely be there with his bike too.

I'm trying to convince my husband that it's a good idea for me to run a half marathon on our actual anniversary in our favorite NJ beach town, Ocean City. He would get a beach vacation out of it! Is it a bad idea for me to run a HM 3 weeks after my FIRST marathon? It's at the end of September, so I have time to think about it.

Pshaw, you'll be fine Smile My knee is feeling better this afternoon, still trying to decide which it'll be but I'll be there.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

The run is done!

3.5 miles, easy pace, 9:05 overall with the last 0.1 miles at about 6:45 pace. My sprinting is definitely improving. It feels more natural again, like it might have 15 years ago! Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

...the DOMS from a pilates class usually hits me after 24-36 hours. And if it's been a while since I've been a class, I end up feeling like someone was punching me in the ribcage. Good stuff.

I am hoping so.  I'm in fair shape and like what I'm feeling thus far.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What's not fair, though, is that he never goes anywhere so I never get the house to myself.  Hmph!  I need to find him some hobbies in other states.

Send him to Vegas, Angela, I bet he can find some hobbies there. Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Well I got to the gym this afternoon for some light weights.  First exercise in a week.  Not exactly a grueling workout but it felt good to do something.  I miss running something awful.

<3

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

What's not fair, though, is that he never goes anywhere so I never get the house to myself.  Hmph!  I need to find him some hobbies in other states.

Send him to Vegas, Angela, I bet he can find some hobbies there. Wink

Funny, we went to Vegas for our anniversary this past summer.  When he told his buddies at work he was going, they thought it was great...until he added "...with my wife" and they gave him a hard time!  My poor husband.

Believe it or not, he's actually been considering entering the World Series of Poker one of these years.

Angela 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone...hope you are all enjoying the early parts of your weekend!

I just got in 6.08 miles at my recovery pace.  I put on my bulkiest shoes just to make sure I didn't do anything too quickly.  In my head, I was imagining that wearing the shoes must be somewhat similar to the feeling that women are implying when they talk about wearing "granny panties."  Yep, a sexy thong these shoes were not!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Hey everyone...hope you are all enjoying the early parts of your weekend!

I just got in 6.08 miles at my recovery pace.  I put on my bulkiest shoes just to make sure I didn't do anything too quickly.  In my head, I was imagining that wearing the shoes must be somewhat similar to the feeling that women are implying when they talk about wearing "granny panties."  Yep, a sexy thong these shoes were not!

Big grin

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Chairman

In the meantime, I've probably been pushing myself way too hard with spinning and other workouts (pilates, yoga, kettle bell at home), and my body went on strike yesterday.  Quads started cramping something fierce during spin class about 15 minutes in.  So I'm going to take today and tomorrow off.  I feel like rest days are harder than non-rest days.  Ugh.

Easy, killer ...

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

Fabulous. I had one like that a couple of times last year.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey