Beginners and Beyond

Ran my 1st 8K today! Race Report - EDITED to add FE details because I am a moron and left them out before!! (Read 382 times)

Docket_Rocket

Worst FE ever!!!!!! No pictures? You don't have to be shy! I'm super jealous that you got to meet Jenn and Rich even though it was brief. Oh, and congrats on the auto-PR, Diana. Smile I'm super excited to hear how you do in your first HM next year!

I agree with Mandy.  No pictures?  WTF?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Don't call me Buttercup!

They were WORKING!  I didn't want to bug them.  I promise pictures next time.  =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Love the Half

Quick question.  Was this a certified course?

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

You have to love that race day adrenaline. So cool that you both ran the entire thing.

Congratulations on a great race, Di!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's amazing how much running with someone can help both of you push through the tough parts of a race and keep going. Rich and Jenn are great people. As far as the Garmin reading, that's well within the expected measurement between not running perfect tangents and the accuracy of the device. I have a course that I run that's about 5 miles. Depending on the day, cloud conditions, and who knows what else, my Garmin has measured the course at anywhere from 5.1 to 5.3 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Nice!  Sounds like you ran a great race.  So cool that you and M could keep each other going.  Congratulations!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

happylily

Congratulations, Di! How cool that you got to meet Jenn and Rich.:-) You really are an awesome friend and I hope the chip mix-up get fixed for you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Don't call me Buttercup!

Quick question.  Was this a certified course?

Their website said it was, yes. 

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice job racing a new distance - that can be tricky.  It sounds like helping your friend became the most important part of the day, and you clearly played a big role in helping her achieve something she'd never done before.  Congrats on both your efforts.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way to go, Di, and nice of you to be there for your friend, too! Congrats to both of you.

Don't be shy about walking right up to the forum folks.  I've been around the forums since 1997 and have met a lot of the folks from them over the years at various races around the country.  Everyone I got to meet in person always very friendly and outgoing.    When I finally get to FE with you, I am going to walk right up to you and give you a big ole Scottydog hug!  So please warn your significant other  in advance that I AM harmless, lol, so I don't take home a black eye as my race medal.  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I thought that was Rich!!!  I saw him working the results table and it looked hectic and he was surrounded by people, so I didn't want to be all like "Oh hai, I know you from the internet," ha ha.  But I come down there maybe twice a year or so to run with my cousin, so maybe next time I'll say something.  I'm a chicken!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Ball of Fury

Nice job on both the run and encouraging your friend! 

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Don't call me Buttercup!

I thought that was Rich!!!  I saw him working the results table and it looked hectic and he was surrounded by people, so I didn't want to be all like "Oh hai, I know you from the internet," ha ha.  But I come down there maybe twice a year or so to run with my cousin, so maybe next time I'll say something.  I'm a chicken!

I know, right??  That's how I felt.  Good thing Jenn is not shy! LOL 

Supersono99

Congrats on a great run and getting to run with a friend! I'm jealous you met Ringo, that's my name for Rich and bingoJenn togetherSmile

Zelanie

Sounds like you ran an absolutely fabulous race- I think you are back!