Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 36 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FYI

A friend has a kid who started at 18 months and went until she was 7.  It all stopped when she had her tonsils and adenoids removed.

Wow...... yeah I sure hope it doesn't last that long, I'll lose my mind lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

Shaddupp!   

I ran at Lackland Air Force Base on Tuesday at 5 a.m. - and it was already freakin' 82 degrees!

LOL! It was only for the morning - we're back up to 90 now and staying there into next week!

From the Internet.

Right?  Fucking incredible.

She started organizing my shit and criticizing my cats.  Waahhh.

Oh hailll naw! 

bluerun

Super B****

I like this picture... I look like I actually know what I'm doing.   (It's only half a second into the race, my form hasn't had time to go to shit yet.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

I like this picture... I look like I actually know what I'm doing.   (It's only half a second into the race, my form hasn't had time to go to shit yet.)

You're the only one not blurry in the pic! That's pretty damn amazing!

I was talking mentally, of course. Feel good mentally about your running after a PR. That is what PRs are for: to feel good about oneself.

Ric-G

5 miles this morning with temps about 70 or so. It has been in the low 100's here in the late afternoon. I hate running in that crap unless I am doing some sort of "training." I'll be glad when it gets back to the mid 90's

anyway, have  a good rest of the day everyone.

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah....we've got a heat advisory here in Southern Indiana, the Team 13 group has canceled their run tonight at 6 PM, it's currently 88 degrees, 63% humidity, a dew point of 74 and a Heat index of 97 degrees. Oh and sunny, probably wouldn't even be bad at all if there were clouds out, the clouds would take like 10-15 degrees off of that.

Hopefully if the Hubs can get home at a decent time tonight (7:30-8 PM) I can get in a 6-7 miler, don't think I'll be taking Jetta with me though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I saw that as well. Running literally provides clarity for her!

Cyberic

3.5 miles commute.

LRB

I'll be glad when it gets back to the mid 90's

That's the epitome of perspective right there!

Docket_Rocket

I ran 12 on the TM and my legs felt so tired, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I would like to go back to Chicago where it was nice and cool.  People made me chuckle at their it's so hot comments there.  It was 68F at the start, which I have not seen in ages.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I saw that as well. Running literally provides clarity for her!

Ha!  I don't think that was an accident, actually -- my teammate's wife took the photo, she was focusing on us on purpose.  (And they did a little camera switch after he finished, so there are a few people they missed finishing while that happened.  I'm one of those few people.  Oh well!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 with 5 x 1:30 hard, 1 minute recover thrown in there. "Cool" this evening, 85 and 60 dewpoint. Heat wave starts tomorrow, upper 90s and humid.

Scottydawg, I don't know how to embed the vido clip, but here's a military dog (and his human) doing the 22 push up challenge.

workinprogress11

4 in 105 heat index. Woo hoo!