Beginners and Beyond

Celebration Saturdailies (Read 46 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

BPLUS...yep, steady and forward it is. Nice job on your fartlek. I've missed a couple of those, which makes me a bit nervous.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Wassup peeps!

Congrats BBB, that is an impressive time.  You are on your way man!

Hi April, that's a cool looking time piece!

FS, congrats on the race!

Dave, my MP remains unfinalized, but yeah it's going to be on the aggressive side.

Speaking of aggressive, my half marathon pace will definitely be that SIAR.

D, the new avi looks good!

Hi, Shari!  I will not be into the twenties much if at all either this training cycle, maybe next time right?  Or not!  Wink

BP, I seem to remember that race from last year oddly.

O EEEE O, OOOO, O,  Nice brick!

Supp Beth, hi Marj!  Tom, Ric, Burrrrn and anyone I missed, wassup!

2 Guns is a really, really good movie.  Okay, not that good but *I* really liked it.  You could never tell who was the bad guy, I will not spoil it for you but I definitely would recommend it.

Now, I am off to drink some more, hiccup!  8- )

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

B+ yep on a pool for dogs. No Scotty!  Hammy had major back surgery nearly 2 years ago. Lucky we have the pool near by so he could go there fo part of his recovery. Now he goes for fun and to keep his strength. He swims for 30 min on Saturdays. One of the owners get in with him and he has a doggie life vest.

Marjorie

Hello dailies:

My celebration will have to be pretty mundane:  It was dry and clear enough to see Toronto from the park hilltop today.

Oskii - congrats

DaveP - a great day to you as well. Good 8.3.

Beth - that's amazing, congrats.  Have fun hanging out with RSX.

Marjorie - have fun at the pool

D - nice job on the swampy LR

Tom - good race

Ric-G - have fun shopping

Rick - that is one hell of a training run, awesome job!

April - yes, pesky work and chores always interfering with things.

Baboon - congrats on the PR.  "Peaches come in a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory... downtown."  Much better when they don't.

Burrrn - nice LR

Step - bravo on the 20+

SIAR - cool swag.

Kristin - glad you're done with such a hectic time.

Free - they're clamoring for your ass over in L+O...

B+ - good 8

13.1 with 8 easy, then 5.1 near GMP.  I should really go out tonight, but want to get a quality LR in tomorrow morning.  #addiction

B-Plus

BP, I seem to remember that race from last year oddly.

It's the Lululemon half. $128 and it sells out quickly! But you get:

• one INCREDIBLE weekend
            • a pair of SeaWheeze Special Edition run shorts (ladies, you’ll be able to pick between 2 styles this year)
            • a SeaWheeze app to help you build your training program (and your playlist)
            • access to our official yogi and run trainers
            • a fully supported race route complete with aid, water and fueling stations
            • post-race runners brunch
            • an outdoor oceanside concert and after party
            • yoga, yoga and more yoga
            Docket_Rocket

lululemon has a half?

FE with fellow MCM forumite RunDoody and Mr. Doody.  We had a great time.  Pic:

I am not pregnant, I just look that way whenever I slouch, I swear!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

We had a great time. 

FE's are fun.

Jay, that sounds like a good run yourself!  I have one of those one hour easy runs then breaking into MP on the schedule somewhere down the line.

I just got in, and like Jay, I took it easy with the spirits tonight in lieu of having a quality long run tomorrow morning.

I have raced every other week for the past four months, a streak that will end this weekend as I have made the transition to marathon training.  I do have a couple of events on the docket leading up to Detroit but for the most part, it will be all training runs for the next 10 weeks.

Woe is me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jay716 - what does that mean, they want to see it, expect me to show it? Well too bad, because I ain't showing it Joking

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)