Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Race day! (Read 40 times)

Runshortii

Balegas and Feetures

1) I know we've talked about this before, but what are your favorite socks? (I should have taken notes when we discussed previously)

Feetures (cushioned).

Smartwool are also good, especially in cold/wet, but get holes pretty quickly.

Dave

Runshortii

I just ran 13 miles on the freakin treadmill. Didn’t think I had it in me.

RunningOnSand

That's a damn hard workout ROS!   No wonder you couldn't finish it! He/she trying to kill you??? I use to do similar workouts back in the day peaking before a Half, but not 10 miles of pace work! I'd do 8 in a 16, like 3mp,2Half,2-10K,1-5K, on the way back. If you cut down to 3,2,2,1, you could complete it, the rest easy. I mean, you are not doing 50MPW are you, or trying to bust a 1:30 half?

Ha. Neither to both. Last week was a shade over 40mpw, this week I was at about 34mpw. And no, just trying to break 2:00 for the half. 

RunningOnSand

Upper right of the RA Web page , click Options, then the botton-right "tile", Manage my activities. Click on "Run", and there you can customize, add, remove types of runs, and choose the color you want for the different types.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

RunningOnSand

I just ran 13 miles on the freakin treadmill. Didn’t think I had it in me.

Nice work!!

Dave, Shortii, Half Crazy, thanks for the input. Off to RW to check some out.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

ROS - Wrightsocks Coolmesh II for me.  Never turned back.  And that's a heck of a workout.... I never do progression runs, probably because they scare the bejeezus out of me :-)

Shortii - Great job getting that 13 in!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Coastal

ROS:  Socks:  Winter - - Wright socks when it is wet.  I'm really liking the Darn Tough Vertex 1/4 I picked up just before RWOL kicked us out (Bread and LM recommended them highly).

RunningOnSand

ROS:  Socks:  Winter - - Wright socks when it is wet.  I'm really liking the Darn Tough Vertex 1/4 I picked up just before RWOL kicked us out (Bread and LM recommended them highly).

Checking those out, too. Thanks, Coastal!