Beginners and Beyond

Greensburg Half Marathon Race Report (Read 68 times)

LRB

Okay, you have some skill.

outoftheblue

Thanks for another highly entertaining RR!   Congrats on a strong race and too bad the RD didn't seems to have a good grasp on the whole 13.1 thing.

I'm not sure which is worse, too long or too short.  At the HM they ran in conjunction with my marathon last weekend, the certification team totally screwed up and Half was actually .44 over long.  They admitted it and apologized but there were some seriously pissed off people, particularly those within a couple of minutes of breaking 2 hours.

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Very entertaining report, Stacey!  Congrats on your almost-half!  Nice medal you made there!

Wow, this one sounds like the organizers got all their instructions from a political committee!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

I think you've earned your Title, another great report! 

That is such a bummer about the course and the way that the runners were treated in general.  I mean, I can go with something like that for a 5K, but for a Half Marathon I'd expect them to have put more thought into it.  Safety pins?  Really?  And how did they manage to run out of money for everything if people paid up to $90?

As far as your next report goes: