Beginners and Beyond

Whatabouts Wednesday Penguins (Read 21 times)

Dad on the run.

She Can - I'm completely the opposite. I post about running a lot on FB and am part of several running communities. I figured if for every 5 people I run off talking about running that I at least motivate 1 to get off their butts and exercise then I accomplished something. Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Awood, not sure if it was you that posted about the lost runner that was later found dead (Chad) Inside a potta potty or something. I had not followed up in a while so i googled him and apparently died of natural causes.

This was from last Summer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That was me.  Sad story.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Where the heck has Philliesfan been lately?  Congrats on a strong run for you, Cherie!   Personally, I am trying to slowly build back up to 6 miles again.  My doc said that is the 'longest' I can run - about 10K distance - so I am trying to build up to that for my long run of the week.  When he told me that distance a few years back when my arthritis first flared up, I told him "Okay, doc, sure.." and then went out that weekend and did a 10-miler....and ended up flat on my back for the next 3 days, lol. Owww....owwww....owwww....owwww!  Of course, being a military doc, my doc had NO sympathy for me whatsoever, lol..."You made your bed, now lie in it and learn from it and then suck it up, buttercup and behave!"   Yeah, Army Strong, lol.  Funny, Gail didn't give me any sympathy either, she said I deserved what I got for being so damn hard-headed and not listening.  Probably cuz she told me before I went out for the run not to do the 10 either, lol, that I should heed the doc. Wives can get a really evil grin when they are proved right and comment "I told you so..."  no sympathy at all... 

Sounds like me on Monday when knee blew up and DW offered to run ahead and pick me up, but no...I had to run/walk home and make everything worse   .

GinnyinPA

Almost all of my facebook friends are hikers, mostly long distance backpackers, so there's no need to tell people to get moving.  A few are both hikers and runners, and a few are ultrarunners.  I am on a couple of the local running club fb pages, so I can find out about races and the occasional impromptu group runs but since I don't actually know anybody, I don't participate much in the discussions.  I like the idea of influencing friends to start a more active life though.  Occasionally someone has said they were starting c25k and I've been enthusiastic.

Ended up running 6 on the TM, 3 sort of tempo progressive. Since I haven't done any races since my return to running, I don't really know what I should use for training paces, I'm just guessing and going by what seems moderately hard.  My easy paces have pretty much gone back to what they were before (10:30 - 11:00 minute miles), but I have trouble with the faster paces because I just don't do them much.