Beginners and Beyond

Be yourself WednesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I take my 3 animals for a hike and I come back to almost a page worth of new posts, damn it people.

Rick, I know what you mean. 27 degrees can feel real cold for the first 15-20 minutes for me but then I am wishing I had on shorts and a sports bra.

D, screw the experts. But in all seriousness, my worst summer weather is probably considered your better to best summer weather, so we would always argue this. But, I will promise to no longer use the word humid and instead replace it with heavy, thick or muggy air.

There are only a few things that I like thick......... and air isn't one of them 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Congrats on the sub 5 Jay!

Dave

onemile

Nice running Jay!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats Jay!

My track workout was brutal. I'm gonna ESU now. Peace out.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I take my 3 animals for a hike and I come back to almost a page worth of new posts, damn it people.

Rick, I know what you mean. 27 degrees can feel real cold for the first 15-20 minutes for me but then I am wishing I had on shorts and a sports bra.

D, screw the experts. But in all seriousness, my worst summer weather is probably considered your better to best summer weather, so we would always argue this. But, I will promise to no longer use the word humid and instead replace it with heavy, thick or muggy air.

There are only a few things that I like thick......... and air isn't one of them 

I just chuckled.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I just chuckled.

I knew someone would get it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Nice, Jay!

I was the only person who ran the track workout tonight.  Two people showed up and bailed, and one person came right as I was leaving.  Since I haven't done any real speedwork lately, I took it super easy.

I also realized that there was one type of weather that we haven't complained about yet today, so it's high time we fix that.

ice

snow

smoke

humidity

heat

rain

wind

It was so windy down the final stretch of each lap!  Yes, that blew the day's heat away pretty nicely, but still.  It's not really running if there's not some weather you can complain about, amirite?

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I just chuckled.

Yeah... Cause you are a chick...  Some of us are male and married...  Wink

(and currently 6 fingers deep into Jack...

8 fingers and horribly screws with inhibition ( thanks for spellcheck))

B-Plus

Speaking of screws, took one in the tire on the way to dinner 

Docket_Rocket

Speaking of screws, took one in the tire on the way to dinner 

Ugh, that sucks.  Hubby got three last month.  A pain.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

cjones1

Flying by to check in during my hell week at work.  Quarter end and 16 hour work days FTW!!  I have managed to squeeze in my runs as planned.  And as proof time flies, my baby boy turned 1 yesterday.  I asked him if he has a job yet.  Smile

Nice job Jay!  The only time my Garmin will show a sub 5 pace is if I turn it on while I'm driving to work.

Baboon, running the morning after having your wisdom teeth removed.  I might use a regular teeth cleaning as an excuse to take a rest day, let alone having 4 of them yanked out of my head.

Hope everybody else is doing great!

And now back to the grind...

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

LRB

Flying by to check in during my hell week at work.  Quarter end and 16 hour work days FTW!!  I have managed to squeeze in my runs as planned.  And as proof time flies, my baby boy turned 1 yesterday.  I asked him if he has a job yet.  Smile

Nice job Jay!  The only time my Garmin will show a sub 5 pace is if I turn it on while I'm driving to work.

Baboon, running the morning after having your wisdom teeth removed.  I might use a regular teeth cleaning as an excuse to take a rest day, let alone having 4 of them yanked out of my head.

Hope everybody else is doing great!

And now back to the correct thread...