Beginners and Beyond

In need of a lousy run? Here's how (Read 230 times)

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like something I (I mean someone I know) would have done

paulski66

miscreant

No way in hell I'm reading all that. And what sicko would subscribe to this thread?

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

Jess runs for bacon

This sounds like the kind of run where you crap your pants.

Love the Half

I could take your advice more seriously if I knew it was from experience.  It's sort of like taking parenting advice from someone without kids.

Yeah, I know.  Fortunately for me, I've been running too long to engage in this kind of pointless behavior.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

I love a runner who's willing to sabotage his own running with some stupid pre-run choices. Because, who's the master, really? The running or the runner? The RUNNER, yes! Brad, you're talking to the queen of running sabotage here... I eat German sausages 30 minutes before my nightly 10 milers and I race HMs a week before my marathons. You didn't teach me anything, buddy. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

No way in hell I'm reading all that. And what sicko would subscribe to this thread?

Cliff notes: I had a shitty run and now I'm going to post about it.

You people have issues 

paulski66

miscreant

This sounds like the kind of run where you crap your pants.

Cliff notes: I had a shitty run and now I'm going to post about it.

Wait...so did he shit himself, or not?

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

sirdizzy

Could be worse you could have gotten 2 flat tires and took a 2 mile detour in a dualthon, thats how my weekend went.

Buelligan

Worst run I ever had in my life was after I had Korean food for lunch.  The kimchee almost burned a hole in my stomach.

I love Korean food, but I never eat it before running now.  Not sure how Korean runners deal with it.

happylily

Worst run I ever had in my life was after I had Korean food for lunch.  The kimchee almost burned a hole in my stomach.

I love Korean food, but I never eat it before running now.  Not sure how Korean runners deal with it.

Where the heck have you been anyway? Sort of missed you here. Not a lot, but a little... You know... Big grin How's your little niece?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I love a good tempo run after eating sushi.  The wasabi really puts a pep in my step.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This made me laugh. Thank you.Needed a good laugh today.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

Could be worse you could have gotten 2 flat tires and took a 2 mile detour in a dualthon, thats how my weekend went.

I, and several other runners, missed a turn in an ultra and ran an extra four miles.  Not cool.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

notimeforthat

I laugh only because it reminds me of the du that I missed the turn on because the course wasn't marked and volunteers were no longer there to direct people. I figured it out after a mile when I got to the highway.

Shakedown Street

why not add more alcohol and a couple cigars?

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)